Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new Tribute (29" draw) and it's still a few weeks out. I plan on using a trophy taker fall away rest. I'd like to get my arrows ordered before the bow comes in since they'll take an additional 7-10 days and the season is closing in on us fast. Can any one out there possibly tell me what the correct arrow length would be. /thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You need to know what arrow rest you are going to use. Then draw back a uncut arrow mark it 1" to 1 1/2" from the rest and that will be your size for your setup.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The length of the arrow has a distinct effect on the spine. You need to use one of the arrow spine charts to determine the correct length. There are many variables including, draw weight, type cam, type arrow, point weight, even if you use an arrow wrap. Arrow length is not determined by draw length but a variable in getting the correct spine. The only limit in respect to draw length is you don’t want the arrow to be too short. Bottom line is you want the arrow spine to be correct so use a good arrow spine chart. My 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts