Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my simms cable gaurd and i'm wondering how much clearance you should have between your cable and your vanes ???? I like to shoot cockvane straight up thru my WB and i have maybe 1/16 of a ince gap now is that enough ??? I can't believe bowtech would make a bow that you can't shoot vanes up and clear the cable's even with aftermarket cable gaurd.. :mad: I took a couple pic maybe there is somthing else wrong with my bow that i'm missing the nock hight on my string is 13 from the bottom of my cam to the middle of my dloop and about 1 1/2 from middle of cable rod to middle of Dloop .. Help i hate having to turn my vanes Cockeyed because of clearance issue's ..

Attachments

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
I had the same problem with my CSS bow. But all the guys I know who have them have no clearance issues but it was wearing the crap out of my VTs to have the cable bar over just enough to clear cok feather up. So, I have to replace the strings and the slide block. Hopefully, the new block will eliminate cable wear...:cry:

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
your shooting a wiskerbiscuit turn your vains a little. i took my cable slide off and turned it up side down ,it creates less pressure on the bottom cam. and it shot the same as before with a little more room for clearance

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybee-r said:
your shooting a wiskerbiscuit turn your vains a little. i took my cable slide off and turned it up side down ,it creates less pressure on the bottom cam. and it shot the same as before with a little more room for clearance

I did do that but what happen was that my nock got turned a little when pulling it from the target and that ended up causing me to loose a arrow thats why i like cock vane up i always can tell ... and if you switch grooves on the cable gaurd that doesn't change or hurt anything ???

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
You should be fine with the Simms slide. Leave the cables crossed as done by the factory. You can turn your nocks slightly to gain more clearance. People do it all the time, and it won't cause any problems. Just don't let any vane hit the black bristles in the bottom of your rest. 1/16" may not seem like much room, but it'll clear.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Are you shooting a big arrow and big vanes. Look at mine this is 2314 xx78 and with blazers vanes i have good clearance but my vanes are helicoidal. This is a simms cable guard. With the bowtech cable guard the vanes just barely clear the cables.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts