Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused to say the least. Which one do I want? Which one will perform best for me? My draw is only 26.5 or 27. I have no problem pulling 65 to 70 lbs but with my short draw will the heavier Tribute perform better or will the lighter draw equalizer be better? I'm shooting around a 404 gr arrow if that matters.

·
Registered
663 Posts
27 inch draw and I ended up with the tribute. I think the bigger issue is the geometry of the bow both of them are plenty fast.

btw God's plan is working . . . . .

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
Well I'm 29" draw so the Eq. was not an option for me. I will say that I love my Tribute though.
29" 413 gr. arrow at 68lbs. Cat whiskers, brass knock along with string loop, large peep and heavy (crossbow) serving where the STS contacts. 277fps.

You guys have my favorite verse down. Thank the Lord for His plans! (Just hope they include a big buck this year.):embara:

·
Registered
622 Posts
I went from a 72# Patriot to the Equalizer at 62# and 27". It is a great bow and I do not miss the extra 10# at all. The deer wont miss the extra wieght either. I am shooting Beman Blackmax 400, total arrow weight of 410 grains at 258-260 fps and about 61 ft-lbs. of energy. I can not believe how quiet it shoots.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I have a 27" draw and I chose the equalizer over the tribute. I really liked the feel and it shoots just as good. And because it is designed for short draw shooter I got as much speed by pulling only 60lbs with it as i would have pulling 70lbs on a tribute. And it's a little cheaper.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
How about braceheight for forgiveness. I know the Tribute is 7.5"

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I shot the tribute, Allegiance and Equalizer and bought the Equalizer. I draw 26 1/2" , 60 lbs ,and shoot 386 gr finished arrows at 271 fps. I doubt anybody will bring out anything next year to beat that performance.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Bo Bob said:
Brace height is 7", plenty forgiving. Pound for pound it is most definitely the most effeicient bow out there.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Bo Bob said:
The Tribute may have an extra 1/2" of brace height but remember it also goes all the way to 30" draw length. At a max of 27" like the Equalizer you really don't need more.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to my proshop tonight and shot 70lbs allegiance and a 60 lbs tribute. It kind of sucked because they were so busy I didn't get a chance to shoot the equalizer. Both the allegiance and the tribute were awesome, but they didn't have a 70 lbs tribute. Is the 60lbs equalizer going to be faster than a 60 lbs tribute? If the eq is faster and shoots as nice, I may go that way.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I shoot 27 inch draw and have no complaints about my Equalizer.It has plenty of speed and shoots excellent.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
jer7440 said:
Is the 60lbs equalizer going to be faster than a 60 lbs tribute? If the eq is faster and shoots as nice, I may go that way.
At 60 lbs and 27" draw length no other bow is faster than the Equalizer including the Tribute and Allegiance.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
terrym said:
At 60 lbs and 27" draw length no other bow is faster than the Equalizer including the Tribute and Allegiance.

IS THAT REALLY TRUE ? I don't buy it ..I know bowtech claims this ..but, how do they come up with this so called fact ?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Believe what you want. The Equalizer is rated at 302 fps at 27" draw IBO. If there is another bow rated that high at 27" I don't know of it. The Equalizer has been a great seller this year because of that.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
ftshooter said:
IS THAT REALLY TRUE ? I don't buy it ..I know bowtech claims this ..but, how do they come up with this so called fact ?
Because the tribute and the allegience are speed rated with a 30" draw length...The 3" shorter lenght affects the speed..The equalizer is made for the shorter length and so it performs better. If you have a short draw, get the equalizer. Since BowTech makes the fastest bows, Yes its true

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
DeadOn33 said:
Because the tribute and the allegience are speed rated with a 30" draw length...The 3" shorter lenght affects the speed..The equalizer is made for the shorter length and so it performs better. If you have a short draw, get the equalizer. Since BowTech makes the fastest bows, Yes its true

HUM..from hunters friend

""If you're wondering which bow holds the "Fastest Bow in the World" title for 2006, it's time to meet APA's Black Mamba Extreme. This parallel limb monster uses APA's wickedly aggressive Venom Twin cam technology which results in a scalding fast 345 FPS bow that's surprisingly smooth at the point of the shot. But beware, at full draw this coiled serpent is ready to strike. We suggest experienced hands only, as the Black Mamba Extreme is not a bow for beginners. But if you're just dying for MAX power and the hottest speeds of the season, APA Archery has your antidote. ""

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
ftshooter said:
HUM..from hunters friend

""If you're wondering which bow holds the "Fastest Bow in the World" title for 2006, it's time to meet APA's Black Mamba Extreme. This parallel limb monster uses APA's wickedly aggressive Venom Twin cam technology which results in a scalding fast 345 FPS bow that's surprisingly smooth at the point of the shot. But beware, at full draw this coiled serpent is ready to strike. We suggest experienced hands only, as the Black Mamba Extreme is not a bow for beginners. But if you're just dying for MAX power and the hottest speeds of the season, APA Archery has your antidote. ""
What is the draw length and weight? I guarantee it is not 27" and 60lbs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts