Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always tring to make my set up more silent. I like the DZ rest pretty well and have not have any real problems. It is a little loud and vibrates after the shot. I came across this idea the other day to help quiet it some.

I use the thin rolled foam mat that goes under a carpet runner. It is usually marketed to stop carpet runners from sliding on hardwood floors. It is usually sold in a 10 inch wide roll for about 3 to 4 dollars. It comes in different colors...I use black.

Cut a strip about six inches long and about 1 1/4 inch wide. Fold the long ends together. Now, put the looped end of the foam strip under the DZ rest. You should be holding the two ends of the foam strip and letting the looped end go thought the bottom of the rest. The idea is the lanucher arm is going to fall onto the foam loop.

I fastened the foam to the rest with a piece of sims rubber. I cut a part of the round limb saver and forced it into the bottom of the rest. This holds the foam loop. I will try to get a pic posted.:wink:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I cut off a small piece of a busted string leech. I then took the drop arm gaurd off of the rest and glued the piece of the leech under where the arm comes down on the two guides. U have to use a real small piece or the arm wouldnt drop all the way, Mine just completely tucks unto the gaurd. Also I have a mini limb saver on the rest body to kill any other vibs.

The String leech trick can be found some where here on AT (At least that were I would it).

J-

If you can post a pic that would be great. For some reason I can not visualize what u did, but then again I have had a 102deg fever all weekend and feel like "raw sewage".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts