Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed down to texas for whitetails this past weekend and didnt shoot the buck iwas looking for. But the weather was hot and windy. Saw 140 and 130 with no shot. ended up taking this 110 last night of my hunt. This buck showed up not 2 minutes after we were dropped off. didnt have my realease on or arrow nocked. I looked up to see this buck 8 yards away.. He walks to the feeder broadside giving me enough time to put on my release knock an arrow and come to full draw. when i came to full the draw the buck started to slowly walk to my right. I kepy the pin on him and knew where i wanted my arrow to exit. The buck gave me a 15yd quartering away shot, i let my slick trick fly when he took his next step. Thwack. I placed the arrow perfect. Big gush of blood and the buck stumbled on his face. He ran about 70yds and piled up. the arrow was just sticking out his opposite shoulder whenh i found him. Man was i rattled, it might as well been a 200" buck. I love that feeling. it is my biggest buck to date. I am very very happy with hiim. I was just hoping for a P&Y, but ill have to wait some more. Great hunt. First time taking a deer on the ground. Man is that fun. You can check this hunt out in the 09 season of the proteam challenge.

Entry whole of slick trick magnum 100gr.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Congrats

· Registered
517 Posts
Congrats.....

Glad to see you got you a nice one down here, even if it didn't make the book. Where abouts were you hunting? The background looks like up around the hill country NW of Austin.

I love the entry pic, just dialed in some of the magnums on some heavy arrows for a few of the bigger hogs we have been seeing. Hopefully they will do exactly the same thing to them. Hoping they will not allow the fat to close up killing the trail.

Again congrats for a nice buck.

· Registered
7,438 Posts
Congrats

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.