Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question maybe someone can help me with. I won't be able to go to Erie until Sunday. I have apprenticeship school all this week and a wedding on Sat. Is it possible for my buddy to go up Sat. and register us both? If so, what is the start and finish time on Sun.? I really hate to miss the shoot. We will try and shoot it in 1 day like we did Bedford. That took us only about 5 hours. Thank you for any information. MQ1

· Registered
623 Posts
Erie

I wish I had better news for you. The range times for Erie on Sunday are 7-1. You can't get on the range until 7 and SCORECARDS must be turned in by 1PM. We shot 30 on Sunday morning last year. We walked on the range at 7AM and just barely got our cards in by 1PM. Let me tell you that there were some targets at 7AM that we could not even see. I don't see anyway to get 40 in by 1PM.:(

· Registered
134 Posts
It is possible. (possible)
With the added targets this year the range times for amateur classes say it can be done. With the changes and added ranges last year cannot be compared to this year. The shooters that were in Bedford can verify this.
But you would have to get there early and get on it.
With that being said, it would solely be your responsibility to get it done.
ken12

· Registered
623 Posts
Erie

I don't want to be argumentative but, nothing is changed. We all have four ten target ranges to shoot. Everyone in a class shoots the same four. There are no extra targets or ranges. I shot 20 at Bedford on Sunday. We were on the range before 9 and turned our cards in at exactly 1. I know I would not pay just to not finish. Any way you look at it 40 on Sunday morning is a big chance. You have a max of 360 minutes. This works out to 9 minutes per target and includes getting to and from the range, shooting time, scoring arrows time, totaling cards time, and waiting on the group in front of you, and the walk between targets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.