Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just sitting around so i thought i would take some pictures of my bows.

Black Axe target
skull camo vendetta XL
Blue Shark X with bowmadness cams(this bow is really fast and has a much better wall than the NI cam)

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow... Ill take one of those over my P.O.S. Deerhunter anyday. Whats the axle to axle length on the Shark X?

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Nice looking bows.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Do you like the franken shark better for spots than your VXL

what do you use the VXL for

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you like the franken shark better for spots than your VXL

what do you use the VXL for
Yep! my vendetta is for 3D, i had a thread on here of me shooting at 105yds and that is what i used to do that with, that bow is an awesome 3D bow!

I've only put about 40 shots on the shark, it is literally the most dead in hand bow that i have shot. I can't wait to shoot it through a chrono soon.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Atleast you'll always have a bow to shoot ?!?

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Ata

ON the Shark.....why did you shorten the ATA so much ?????

I built one back to "spec" last year and lost some pounds on the limbs......really only gained about 5 fps..........you have some scary preload on those, dude.

Let us know how it chrono's out ,
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Congrats! :p

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ON the Shark.....why did you shorten the ATA so much ?????

I built one back to "spec" last year and lost some pounds on the limbs......really only gained about 5 fps..........you have some scary preload on those, dude.

Let us know how it chrono's out ,
Thanks,
It's really not that much preload on it. I got the specs for the strings from alligood who got his specs from Nathan Brooks. The bow shoots awesome and i don't see it ever failing on me

·
Registered
23,619 Posts
I'm digging the Shark!

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
specs

I used some MM limbs and the original specs from a BMXL with some HF cams last year too.....should be about the same amount of preload as you have ...as I had 2 more inches of limb and the same ATA as a BMXL.

Limbs failed in a press right at the rocker....even after backing thew out to put them in the press.......so just be a bit careful.

I will say....I have been Frankenbow building for about 17 years and it can be a hoot.....and the new PSE limb is UNBELIEVABLE.....this is actually the only set I have seen fail. They also told me to watch the riser on the BMXL.......but that was fine , too.

Post up the speed you get with the new Shark Madness!!!!!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i just got done shooting it at 75yds and it was shooting 3" groups consistantly, and used the same exact sight marks off of my vendetta from 20 to 75yds and my vendetta was shooting 313fps. so i think this bow is super fast and is an awesome shooter!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Have you had any issues with the draw length mods coming loose on your axe? I know its a problem they've had. A buddy's having it now.

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
It's really not that much preload on it. I got the specs for the strings from alligood who got his specs from Nathan Brooks. The bow shoots awesome and i don't see it ever failing on me
The string specs I gave you were for my madshark, with madness cam AND limbs as well, not the original shark limbs. Just curious, what kind of draw length did you wind up with on that one? I'd like to know the speed you're getting on it too, and the lbs.....mine shoots very nicely!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts