Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Strive for perfection....
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tristate Powder Coating of Dothan Alabama

Quality work done at a fantastic price! The standard color they use on a daily basis is Soft Black (see pics below). Others colors are available, call for details. The standard price is $40.00 plus shipping with a 3 day turn around (for soft black, other colors might take longer depending if it needs to be ordered).
How can it be done so inexpensive? You will need to do all of the prep on your riser, that it, remove everything that will not take the 400 degree baking or to be coated. Your riser will be bead blasted then powder coated to your choice of color. Mine came out fantastic!
You can choose your choice of return shipping if you need it yesterday. Give Tristate Powder Coating a call at 334-673-1013 or Wayne (the head honcho) @ 334-441-9657
Also, shoot me a PM if I can answer any questions about my experience with them.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Looks like a Quality PC job from the pics!!

·
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good preparation helps.....every riser will be bead blasted first, the process actually removed some minor flaws I thought I was going to have to live with.

·
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just spoke with Craig.......Special Dealer pricing available, call Craig @ 1-334-441-9657

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nice!

Wow, Beautiful work.

Can you do Mossy Oak? :wink: Just kidding.

Can you do any riser (CNC) and what other colours are available?

Very Interested.

Thanks

Thor

·
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is bead blasting the same thing as sand blasting?
Bead blasting is the process of removing surface deposits by applying fine glass beads at a low pressure without damaging the surface.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
It is a semi gloss/satin finish. Thats my bow :)

is that flat black on the bow in the picture or gloss black? what kind of turnaround time?

·
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got that bow done overnight! It depends on what they are running at the time. I would say 3 days at the mose....Give them a call.

is that flat black on the bow in the picture or gloss black? what kind of turnaround time?

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Gotcha. who did the limbs and are they just painted? We (Aim Low) have several turkey bows that we are thinking of dipping or coating black.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts