Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a brand new Triumph from my local Mathews dealer with the same DL as my other Mathews bows and when it arrived the DL is clearly 1/2" to 1" too long.

My question is, in this situation does it become my problem and I have to order a new cam and pay the shop to install it or does Mathews want there customers to be happy and send them a cam on exchange?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
49,217 Posts
Your dealer should take care of that for you, after all it is up to him to make sure it fits correctly.:)

·
Registered
269 Posts
That's a dealer issue. Most dealers don't mind keeping a few extra cams for most models just so they can swap in instances like this. If it's a small shop or a model that the shop doesn't sell many of, they might require you to purchase another cam. Also depends on how willing the dealer is to work with you. He is going to have to pay for the extra cam, whether he charges you for it or not.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I didn't have to pay for my new cam. I went an inch shorter than the one I ordered and glad I did. I am a little over 6'4" and have to shoot a 29" on the Triumph.

·
Registered
548 Posts
That sounds just like Mathews. Thats the reason i stopped shooting them. I ordered a M7 28" when it got here it was 28-3/4". I will never own another Mathews!!!!! Thats how they reach there IBO by being 3/4 to 1" to long in draw. When you put it to true draw lenght it is way off. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
49,217 Posts
That sounds just like Mathews. Thats the reason i stopped shooting them. I ordered a M7 28" when it got here it was 28-3/4". I will never own another Mathews!!!!! Thats how they reach there IBO by being 3/4 to 1" to long in draw. When you put it to true draw lenght it is way off. Just my 2 cents.
LMAO now there is a true basher-------here to tell you they all do it somewhat-----including Hoyt. I sell them all and it happens. Get over it, set the draw length to you and your good to go.:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts