Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else use these scents. Im not currently having any luck with the scrape conditioner or the forehead scent. Im not blaming the scent, just think i might be using it wrong. Im spraying the scrape conditioner in the scrape, and the forehead scent on the leaves above it.
Also, can i use the doe or buck urine scents in things like the Tinks Scent Bombs, or do they have to be used on the natural surroundings?

· Registered
5,776 Posts
i have 10 mock scrapes out. and 3 being used regularly. by deer
if the buck/doe ratio is outta whack. it will not be as effective...imo

the scents can be used in scent bombs. i have drippers at 2 of the scrapes

· Registered
697 Posts
Mapes;
I first of all make sure I am as scent free as possible when setting up these mock scrapes and licking branches( I will also break off a branch for the licking branch) and then apply the TAH forehead conditioner, I also use the forehead conditioner on rubs.
I will start these mock scrapes in the late summer in areas that hold an active deer population and try to use them to direct the bucks to my stand area. You may want to try pouring the TAH into the scrape instead of spraying it in the scrape and use natural water not chlorine treated water, I pour it on the scrape and keep tending it until the bucks take it over and have had good results with the deer taking over the scrapes, I will also try to gather fresh deer droppings in the area and place them near the mock scrape... I feel it gives the scrape a more realistic feel to the deer and it may help to give the deer a feeling of comfort in smelling a familiar scent near the scrape.
Yes the TAH will work in a dripper or scent bomb or wick.
This is one of the bucks I took last year after using the TAH Hot Doe

I hope some of this will help you.
Deb

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.