Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Why surprised are they more susceptible than the average deer? I heard different stories over the years but I don’t know much about them. Congrats to the OP! I’ve always wanted to get one.
She was a smart one till this morning.....always skirted me and kept the wind in her nose.....saw her at least 6 or seven times over the last 2 years ...

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
How many minutes of light do you think she would add? I’d guess at least five. i mean at low light when the pins disappear. Very cool looking deer.
Shot her 5 minutes before sunrise....can tell you she really stood out!!!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Can't believe you would shoot such a beautiful animal!

Kidding, congrats! I wish there was a way to ID does that don't have definitive markings like she does. I think it would be fun to "target" specific does like we can with bucks based on their headgear.
Lol!!! Yeah I hear ya!!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Sweet looking doe. Are you going to mount her? I would. I’m mounted one of my does, I took her while my son was filming the hunt, was definitely one of my favorite hunts of all time. Congrats either way.
No as I mentioned earlier full hide tanned with the face being set by my taxidermist.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I shot a doe a few years ago with white legs. didn’t even realize it until I walked up on her. I ended up having my taxidermist make the legs into a lamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats!! Not really a fan of leg lamps. That's just me...lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts