Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,285 Posts
There is quite a number of threads on here about the tree saddle. I have read through most of them.
I bought a saddle in the middle of last season. Personally I like it. I used it for the rest of the season after I got it. You're going to want to get some climbing sticks to go with it. Muddy sticks or lonewolf sticks seem to be the best. I have the lone wolf's and like them. You'll also need something to stand on when you get to the top. I use 4 standard screw in's. My feet to get fatigued a bit if I stay up in the tree for a long (4 hours) time but you can swing around and change positions to help get the blood flowing.
As far as ease of hunting it's about 100% better for access of shot opportunities. You can litterally hunt 360 degrees around your tree and your not limited to pencil trees. It's also pretty nice to get around the woods with. I wear mine into the woods, I use a "bowbat" for my bow and all my gear and I carry a duffle with my climbing sticks. So really im not carrying much.

I don't think it's for everyone. I am pretty athletic so i like it. If your overweight by to much you might not like it. I have the large size and I wear a 36 waist. It fits me fine. You need to be kind of a monkee though IMO using this system. It is a little expensive but it is well made so you get what you pay for.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I heard the same from another fellow that hunts MD, he likes his and he also suggested the Go Muddy stick when they come out , he uses the Lone Wolf sticks and 4 strap on steps. I am slim and well conditioned for my age so I do not think that I will have any physical limitations. I am planning to hunt National Forest land and want to travel light so I do not want to be carrying around an 18# climbing stand. Do you have the team Realtree or Roadtrip model?

· Registered
808 Posts
I'm a bigger guy and i like mine a lot, I think it's more comfortable than a lock on but I agree you do have to like to climb and put a little extra effort into getting up the tree. I think the one thing I like the most is the ability to sit ing trees that are in the perfect spot but can't be climbed by a climber, a ladder won't fit into and a lock-on is impractical. plus for some mgmt areas it a must due to fact of not wanting to leave stands in the woods for them to be stolen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.