Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Trophy Ridge arrows look pretty good. I presently shoot ICS 340's (27 inch shaft to nock point with a 27.5 inch draw.)

Wondering if anyone is using them with the 70# 09 Admirals. Also, what about the 350 versus the 400 spine? One of the (numerous) fixes presented to me (for my shoot-ability issues with this bow) was that I'm shooting too stiff an arrow. And that the torque-y short ATA 09 Admiral likes a weaker spine.

Don't want to waste $$ on weaker arrows if the won't help, because I also have an 80# bow that needs the 340's / 350's.

How much of a difference can it really make on this bow going to 400's from 340's?

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
The new Trophy Ridge arrows look pretty good. I presently shoot ICS 340's (27 inch shaft to nock point with a 27.5 inch draw.)

Wondering if anyone is using them with the 70# 09 Admirals. Also, what about the 350 versus the 400 spine? One of the (numerous) fixes presented to me (for my shoot-ability issues with this bow) was that I'm shooting too stiff an arrow. And that the torque-y short ATA 09 Admiral likes a weaker spine.

Don't want to waste $$ on weaker arrows if the won't help, because I also have an 80# bow that needs the 340's / 350's.

How much of a difference can it really make on this bow going to 400's from 340's?
The weaker spine suggestion......is the biggest bunch of HOOIE I have ever heard.....a bow holds X amount of energy and will release that energy up the arrow....Bow's don't 'like' a certain type of arrow. Spine selection is WELL documented and it IS a science. If you heard that from Bowtech ask ONE simple question......"Can they quantify how weak you need to go?, Is there a new spine graph that shows this recomendation?"
You will not get an answer.....trust me. No-one in their right mind would recommend in writing a weaker arrow than the current charts/software recommend. I have a damaged forearm as a result of going against my better judgment and listening to this HOOIE when I first encountered tuning issues.....

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The weaker spine suggestion......is the biggest bunch of HOOIE I have ever heard.....a bow holds X amount of energy and will release that energy up the arrow....Bow's don't 'like' a certain type of arrow. Spine selection is WELL documented and it IS a science. If you heard that from Bowtech ask ONE simple question......"Can they quantify how weak you need to go?, Is there a new spine graph that shows this recomendation?"
You will not get an answer.....trust me. No-one in their right mind would recommend in writing a weaker arrow than the current charts/software recommend. I have a damaged forearm as a result of going against my better judgment and listening to this HOOIE when I first encountered tuning issues.....
So the only benefit of going weaker is you have less mass and thus more speed? (along with a smaller margin of safety)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts