Archery Talk Forum banner

What do you think about the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone?

Votes: 46 90.2%
  • Hate

Votes: 5 9.8%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone? Let ne know what the pros and cons of the rest.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
When I had my Mathews DXT I had one on it and was completely satisfied with it. It does not have a way to capture or hold the arrow, that was my only dislike about the rest, other than that, it performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
x2

When I had my Mathews DXT I had one on it and was completely satisfied with it. It does not have a way to capture or hold the arrow, that was my only dislike about the rest, other than that, it performed flawlessly.
same experience here

·
Registered
375 Posts
Had one on my Switchy XT since I bought it and no problems yet. I like the looks and design of some new ones out now but just cant replace what is not broke..

d

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I really like mine. I've been using it the last 4 years. No problem

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Same experience here. No problems, works great! I have that rest on 4 of my current bows. Several of my friends have it on theirs too.

Ray

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I have used them for years......Next to the whisker biscuit it is one of the easiest arrow rests to setup. Durable, quiet. I shoot FOBs,2"-5" vanes acorss it no problem.

The ONLY negative I cna honestly say; it is not "total containment" but, for target shooting and or 3D, I never needed total containment so I use it on my taret rigs alot. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thats all mine is used for....hunting and some 3D.

D

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
I shot one for a little awhile, and IMO it was very noisy. For that reason I didn't keep it on my bow long. Not saying I hate it, but it wasn't nearly as good as other rests I've tried.

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
bump

·
Registered
865 Posts
id say the only drawback for some people is its not a total containment rest. i have never heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Great rest, used one for about 3 years. The full containment rests of today kind of put it behind the times. Some of the other rests are better suited for Binary cams.

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
Great rest, used one for about 3 years. The full containment rests of today kind of put it behind the times. Some of the other rests are better suited for Binary cams.
Would it work well with the alien

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Both of my bows have a Drop Zone on them , really like them

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Would it work well with the alien
It would work great on the X (single cam). I wouldn't recommend it for the Z or the Nemesis as these are binary cam bows.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts