1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trophy Ridge DropZone Fall Away Rest:

Construction: Machined Aluminum

Overview:
As of late I have been shooting a lot of fall away rests. They all have been great products and the various models on the market have impressed me. When I first got a hold of the DropZone I was very impressed with it's quality, construction, and original
design concept. I like the idea of the vertical dropping arm and it works great.

The rest is very smooth and silent. It has built in vibration dampeners, which are licensed, from Mathews. I honestly couldn't say how much they really work but it's a cool idea! I can say that the rest has performed very well. My groups have been super tight and left & rights are almost a thing of the past (also with other high quality fall aways).

I really like this rest, it is a great product and I feel any hunter would be happy with it. I know I am!

Rating system: 1 = poor, 10 = best.

Durability: 10 - Built like a tank! Solid machined aluminum with 2 large bolts for vertical and horizontal and is rock solid. This rest built to last a lifetime. I just don't see how you can hurt this thing while on a hunting trip.

Quality: 10 - Everything fit together super tight and was well machined. This a first class product designed for the hunter or shooter looking for a very solid and original product. It will last a lifetime.

Price: 8 - This rest is about $109.00 at most shops for a camo version. This is a higher price than a lot of rests but this rest isn't the same as a $50.00 dollar rest. I really think this rest is worth the price since the quality is so high. It is designed for the performance minded archer looking for the best gear.

Warranty: 10 - Lifetime warranty to the original owner. As good as they come!

Tunability: 9 - Two bolts as easy as it gets to adjust. It does use a cord that attaches to the buss cable so a press is needed for this step or you can try one of several other ways to attach it also with out a press. The rest tuned really fast & 5 shots latter I was done & shooting.

Total Score: 9.4

Final Comment: I really liked this rest and plan to use it this fall for hunting. I am shooting it on a Bowtech Extreme VFT and found it performed perfectly on this bow. I had no fletching contact and the launcher is clearing my fletching with plenty of time
left. This is amazing since this bow is shooting 308 fps. Fall away rests are not for everyone but if you are willing to try one you would be hard pressed to find a higher quality product than this. I found it to be a very durable rest that performed as Trophy Ridge states. It combines a unique concept with high quality and durability, which is always a win win for bowhunters!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Noise?

I have been shooting a drop zone for about 3 weeks now and I have noticed a good bit of noise. The noise is coming from the launcher when it drops and hits the BH guard. I have taken it apart twice and added dampeners, this has helped but it is still there. Did you notice any noise with the rest you tested? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I find trophy ridge products way over priced compared to
competitiors.. as always, over time the consumer in the
market place will decide the outcome...case in point,
take the gkf tko rest.. 50 bucks retail and it's built like a
tank.. I could name 10 other rests that perform very
well also for much less money than the trophy ridge...I'm
really surprised TR has made it this long with the pricing
structure they have in place..I don't expect to see them in
business two years down the road..unless they become more
competitive in price...I know several previous TR owners but
most get fed up with their product quality over time and
switch to a (cheaper) more reliable product... I'll give them
one thing though.. they have good marketing.. maybe that's
why the price must be so high..to offset the advertising costs.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LA Archer - no it is nice shooting with very little sound.

justshoot - Sorry about the way you feel, thats your choice to make. Now the real question is have you ever shot this rest? If not why jump on here to put down Trophy Ridge & make a promo for the TKO?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Orions Bow, if it works for you, great, stick with it.. just
be advised not everyone will share your sentiments on
every issue..doesn't mean you're wrong.. you just have
a different perspecitve than some...and
yes, I've tried several of the TR products, and they
are collecting dust in my tackle box...take care and good
shooting.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
justshoot - my review is unobjective, I just don't like seeing people pop up out of no where just to put in a good plug for another companies product on a post that isn't referring to any other product. If you have experience with the rest please share them, if not your opinion of Trophy Ridge is just that yours. From what I have seen of their products I think they make some great stuff. I also like products by other companies as well & I love the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter rest BUT I didn't put a plug in on it here nor did I put a dig in on any other product. I have also shot the TKO and it is a great rest too but this wasn't a review or general comentary for that rest either. You can post about how great it is on another review I did on the TKO.

Like I said the rest is high priced but I feel it's quality is A+ and so that is what I posted how I honestly feel about this rest. If you have a complaint based on your personal experience shooting this rest then fine share them but only focus on the rest & not a general comment like you made just to put down Trophy Ridge.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
sorry u took offense to my post.. you are certainly entitled
to your opinion of a product just as we all are.. good shooting..

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just wanted to bring this back up - this is one of the products that made me make up my mind to go to Trophy Ridge & I feel this rest isn't getting the attention it should.

:D

·
Registered
548 Posts
got mine in the mail last night...

i cant wait to shoot it...

Hey Orions_Bow,

did you set your rest up exactly like the directions in the package states?

and also,
i am putting this rest on an extreme vft as well and want to know,
how high is you rest set from the base of the arrow shelf?
from the bottom of the dropper arm to the arrowshelf at full draw?

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Guys, if you haven't already, please take the time to vote in the poll I posted. It's not manufacturer specific.

Thanks, not looking to hijack, just think it applies to this thread as well.
HP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts