Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first year using a Trophy Ridge Matrix Guide series sight...It sighted in like a dream and I really liked the no tools adjustments, not to mention the vertical pins...

I took it out on my first hunt of the year and arrowed a doe at 25 yds...Everything seemed great...However, when I returned home I was greeted with arrows diving south of my target at all distances...So I resighted again and it's driving tacks once again...

My bow rides in the truck to and from the farm I hunt (approx 3 miles) and then locks into a bow holder on my atv for a short ride to stand locations...So my question is do you think this could have vibrated the sight loose and are the hex nuts in the middle of the wing nuts necessary to tighten down the sight completely once final adjustments are made...?

Anyone with experience on this sight, give me a shout...Heading back the woods this weekend and I want my confidence in this product back...!

·
John
2,732 Posts
My archery guy told me to use an allen wrench to tighten the wing nuts after the adjustments have been made. As far as the adjustments of each pin, I haven't noticed any changes, and I haul my bow in the back of my SUV without a case. I'll bet you need to torque the wing nuts. Hope it works!! I love the sight. I have a micro matrix 3 pin and haven't had any trouble with it. The only thing that I don't like about it is that the glow sticks that they give you for low light don't make the pins glow very well. I ended up using one of those "thill" replacement lights for night bobbers, and it works a lot better. I have to tape it to the side of the sight and block out the "overglow" with tin foil so that you can't see light outside the frame, but it works good.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Same situation...lose the wing nuts and tighten it with an allen wrench once you get your 20 sighted in...then use the pins for the other yardages.

They have amazing customer service though:wink:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great...Thanks for the info...I thought I was on the right track, but needed to hear it from somone else...!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts