Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay today i was shooting and on my second shot the arm (the part that rotates) snaped in half on me. Has any one else had this happen. btw i liked the rest very well until today but after that i decided iam going to buy a rip cord or a QAD i would like to hear the advantages and disavantages of both of them.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
nap apache

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
Most of the time when these rests "blow up" they are not set up correctly. The vanes are hitting the plastic arms, shot after shot it causes it to break.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had no signs of fletching contact at all. I may have set it up wrong but the rest tightend right as i went into the valley like the instructions said.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Pictures !! worthless without pictures !!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have both the Rip Cord and QAD, both are good rests. You can't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
23,625 Posts
i had no signs of fletching contact at all. I may have set it up wrong but the rest tightend right as i went into the valley like the instructions said.
It is quite possible that the cord stretched, as they have been known to do. This would put the rest slightly out of time, allowing for vane to arm contact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts