Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have tip or tricks for tuning a Revolution Micro?
I've got a new one in hand and a new bow coming soon.
Watched the TR video several times and the video leaves some gaps.
The guy is talking and says go to full draw and let off so the string pulls through.
But then before the camera cuts to what he's doing he's pulling it through a certain amount, he says like 1/4 inch, and then he says cut it but he doesn't say where to cut it... common sense says right at the string, but that's not what he's doing in the video clip, so maybe he backed it out to get away from the bow cable??

I guess when I got it what I thought was it would reach full lock under tension, then be able to rotate/let the string go a bit more, such that the arrow gets fully locked for sure and shortly after the bow cable reaches it full draw position.

Instead pulling the string it reaches full lock on the arrow right at the end and immediately is at full stop. Which I'm thinking means if you get the string just too short it's going to run out of length and yank on the control cable right as you reach full draw, and if you get the string just too long it's never going to completely lock in the arrow. Is the adjustment really that knife edge sensitive or am I missing something obvious???

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
20,668 Posts
The easiest way to set up a drop away rest like the TR Revolution or the QAD pro series is to loosen the screw that holds the cord on to the rest and pull 1" of cord so that you have extra hanging off at the rest. Then serve 1" of serving on the down cable at the level of the bottom of your grip. Insert the cord through the cable or tie a D-loop knot on the cord under the serving. Draw the bow back and adjust the gross length of the cord either in or on the cable until the rest comes up close to the last 1" of draw. Once it's close, tie a knot or tighten the D-loop knot and melt the tag end into a ball. Then do the fine tuning at the rest with the screw that holds the cord in place.

This is a pic of my youngest sister in-laws bow that I set up for her. I put a TR Revolution 2.0 on it and installed it like I described. I left a long tag end at the rest because she's probably going to grow a little and I want to be able to adjust the timing as I adjust the draw weight and draw length.

004.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@LVArcher

Yup. There is good chance I'm swimming a little over my head here, but proceeding with caution...

That's what I figured he was doing, but he said pull it through a 1/4 inch but then the camera makes it look like he cut it like a whole inch out which made me think the difference may be some extra length on the line needed for some reason...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's very helpful, thanks; sounds like good insurance adding the extra line to play with on the rest end. Will certainly do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts