Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the shop put my Trophy Ridge Revolution on my new bow. Three shots later it blew up. The arm broke into 3 pieces. Long story short Trophy Ridge is sending a new Revolution 2.0 to replace it, even though mine was the original. Great customer service, less then 5 minutes it was being shipped. I know this wasn't actually Trophy Ridges fault probably, but it's still nice they stood behind their product.

·
Registered
20,666 Posts
Good to hear that they took such good care of you. I'd be a little suspicious of the setup of the rest though for it to break in 3 shots. If they didn't have it timed correctly, your arrow slamming into it could have caused it to break. The original Revolution is picky on the timing and if it's not right, it's a problem. The 2.0 isn't as finicky but it's still critical to have it timed correctly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, if I had to guess the string had pulled through the cable slightly, causing there to not be enough tension. The tech hadn't actually tied it in yet, it was just stuck through the cable

·
Registered
20,666 Posts
The best way to set those up is to tie in the cord at the level of the bottom of your grip and then do all the timing at the rest with the screw holding it in place. It makes it A LOT easier than adjusting the cord in the cable.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
One of my 5 pin React sight that wouldn't adjust by just using your fingers,was super tight.

I called them and the guy said, send me a tracking number and I will get yours out that day.

Great Customer service sending out a replacement before getting defective product back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Same thing happened with my rest this past week... My replacement showed up to day I opened up the shipped package and to my surprise was the new HX rest...
It's bitter sweet I like the Revolution

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have one of the older ones on my drenaline with a minimum of 15000 shots on it with no problems-I think they are a very good rest.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep I'm excited to get my new one in. I've no doubt that if it had been set up right it would have shot for thousands of more shots without a problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts