Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using theTrophy Rock mineral block ? I was thinking on trying it this year, and was wondering if it is any good.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
It's simply a mineral lick not really a hunting attractant. Fact is, deer don't really need these minerals during hunting season. They need these minerals in the Spring and Summer for antler growth and for lactating Does.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The deer love it I think. I set one out in the woods in early Spring and now it's the size of an orange. There are deer tracks all around it however I can't say whether its just the deer consuming it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.I realize it is a mineral lick,was just wondering if the deer were using them, and if they are worth trying.Thanks again.

·
Registered
685 Posts
We started using them this year and the deer seem to be hitting them hard.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Cornfed said:
It's simply a mineral lick not really a hunting attractant. Fact is, deer don't really need these minerals during hunting season. They need these minerals in the Spring and Summer for antler growth and for lactating Does.
Bingo. We use them for cattle on the ranch and once the cold weather hits, they stop using them. Only used as a supplement for the beating heat of summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts