Archery Talk Forum banner

Trophy taker drop rest

607 Views 14 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Archer Bunker
Rather than ask what drop rest everybody uses, I figured I would ask this question. Thinking of buying the new Trophytaker rest. Has anyone used or set up this rest and had any kind of trouble or promblems.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,354 Posts
Great rest. They make these little holders that will hold your arrown over the launcher until you draw, then it pulls it out of there, and if you let down it puts it right back in. It is pretty neat actually. Great rest, none better for the money.

· Registered
955 Posts
trophy taker

I have used a tt shakey for the last three years.It has been a great rest with no major complaints.It is a simple designed rest,easy to set up,holds arrow well,drops fine.I wished they would have made the pronghorn back then,as the shakey is a tad wide to fit the shelf of my SB XT.Something to consider also is what bar fits your set-up the best,short bar,or long.The only minor negative I have had is on a 10 day backcountry hunt,in which it rained and snowed the whole time,the launcher arm rusted a bit,and I had to work some cooking oil into it to free it some,and any metal would've had similar problems with this weather,as it was BAD!I wouldn't hesitate getting another TT.

· Registered
12,283 Posts
Have one on my Black Ice. Works fine. I also have a Cobra Double Diamond that cost half as much and works just as well. Very similar to each other. I like my Rip Cord because i can lock it in the up position on the Marquis.

· Registered
10,406 Posts
I have 3 of them...one is on an older bow of mine and the other 2 are in a drawer.I started using the cobra diamond backs 3 yrs ago,and use them on my hunting bows and imho,the cobra is a much better rest....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.