Archery Talk Forum banner

Trophy Taker Extreme FC question

424 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  J-Daddy
I just got a good deal on a side slot rest and want to switch to the top loading ring if possible. Does anyone know if it is possible to just switch out the containment ring on this rest? If so, does anyone have any idea what a new containment ring costs?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,482 Posts
There is one allen screw that holds them on and they will interchange but before ya go too far sometimes the top slot works no better than the side slot
It depends on your setup the arrow may hit your sight when you try to put it in the rest if it is nocked first because of the angle

They are great rests I have 3 but the top slot is no better than the side slot on some setups just so you know before you spend more $

Good shootin. Rob

· Registered
12,063 Posts
There is one allen screw that holds them on and they will interchange but before ya go too far sometimes the top slot works no better than the side slot
It depends on your setup the arrow may hit your sight when you try to put it in the rest if it is nocked first because of the angle

They are great rests I have 3 but the top slot is no better than the side slot on some setups just so you know before you spend more $

Good shootin. Rob
I agree with Rob mine hits the sights

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
I changed one out for a buddy of mine a few weeks ago. 1 screw holds the cage on there, so it's an easy switch. He called TrophyTaker and ordered it, I think it cost him $10 for the new top slot cage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.