Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm playing with my Trophy Taker some and I noticed an interesting change as I lengthen vs shorten the TT cable to the buss.

If I lower it on the buss (i.e. shorten the cable so the TT comes up sooner), I get a nock LOW tear, and if I raise it on the buss (i.e. lengthen the cable so the TT comes up later), I get a nock HIGH tear.

Now obviously, I can find the sweet spot and get the nock level, or I can play with nocking point...but I'm surprised the cable length has that much of an effect with a mere 1/2" to 1" movement on the buss cable.

Sign of some other problem? If so, what?
Or is this normal?

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Maybe when you have the rest coming up really soon it doesn't allow the buss cable to fully rotate the cam throwing off the timing, and not getting level nock travel. That's just a theory:confused: I've not had that problem or situation using my TT.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Setting the TT to come up at the last third point on the shaft is what has been beaten into my mind. The arrow has good support and the blade is well out of the way of the fletching. Then try the paper again.

Make sure the lift cord is securely served to the cable so it can not possibly move. Nothing like totally missing a 3d deer at 35 yards because the cord moved.:embara:

Rick

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Define "coming up at the last third point on the shaft".

At the longest length, I am coming up the last 2 inches or so (high tear) and the shortest length, about 3-4 inches or so (low tear). I am not sure if the 1/2-1" adjustment on the buss is eqivalent to 1/2-1" in the actual rest staying up.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
BHNJ,

IF the cord is too short, your cord is actuallly "pulling" on the buss cable. Basically, the cable is being pulled towards the riser as you draw. You can have it set up so the cord is actually throwing off your timing. If you look closely at how it works, the pressure on the cables does not move straight down. I try to keep the knot on the cable about 5 inches below the nocking point. The lower it is tied on, the less side pressure.

Dave

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Devilfan said:
BHNJ,

IF the cord is too short, your cord is actuallly "pulling" on the buss cable. Basically, the cable is being pulled towards the riser as you draw. You can have it set up so the cord is actually throwing off your timing. If you look closely at how it works, the pressure on the cables does not move straight down. I try to keep the knot on the cable about 5 inches below the nocking point. The lower it is tied on, the less side pressure.

Dave

Exactly. TT should come up in the last 1-2 inches.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't like drop aways for that. If a twig moves the rest cable it will throw things right off. I'll stick wit my Bizkit:wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts