Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the TT is supposed to stand up fully at the last 1-2" of draw. My question - is that the last 1-2" of total draw (including the let off valley)? Or, just the actual draw prior to the let -off?

The way my shop has mine set right now isn't right so I jsut bought a press and I'll do it myself. The string cord is set straight out from the rest and the launcher is fully raised at the last 4" of draw. Needless to say, I'm guessing that is what's causing my fletching contact.
deanno

·
74,535 Posts
Most likely yes

I set mine always to raise in the last 1 to 1 1/2" of the draw cycle. I seem to get best results.

Now I have seen guys that will have there raise earlier to allow the arrow to ride the arm. Maybe 3" at the most.

Fletching hitting can be nocking point not right also. Seems you want your knocking point higher on some bows I have tuned with a fall away.

I saw some slow motion video at KC Nationals one year. 4" would be hitting fletching on most faster bows. Arrow was on the rest quick and I was surprised how many were real close to toughing and thats with indoor speeds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.