Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a trophey taker shakey hunter rest. When i pull back the arrow ,it scratches on the string attachment part of the rest, it dosn't clear that part.

I offset the arrow holder that comes with the rest to get rid of the problem, but i think by doing that my vane touches it , because it is not centered.

What should i do to fix the problem.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
I have a trophey taker shakey hunter rest. When i pull back the arrow ,it scratches on the string attachment part of the rest, it dosn't clear that part.

I offset the arrow holder that comes with the rest to get rid of the problem, but i think by doing that my vane touches it , because it is not centered.

What should i do to fix the problem.
I am having a hard time creating a mental picture of what you are saying. However, is sounds to me like you need to raise your arrow nock point. You arrow should be at a downward angle from the string until the launcher arm comes to the full upright position.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Yeah, I agree that you nock point is too low. I have the same rest, and from what your saying, it seems that your too low :nod: As said above the arrow needs to have a downward angle at rest :thumb:

·
Registered
815 Posts
When you set your nocking did you do so with the arn of the arrow rest in the up or down position? I set mine using a bracing height gauge whist using a finger to the arroe rest up. Not sure if thats right but works for me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will check the nock point, good idea, i will bring it in to the shop today

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts