Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got my new bow set up with a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter, and when i shoot the launcher arm hits the riser on my bow, its pretty loud. I already have felt down on the riser and electrical tape on the launcher, it sounds like it is in the spring, anyone else using one that has found a solution to the noise?

·
Registered
480 Posts
What I have found is with a little limbsaver material on the riser helps with the noise. Also, if you pick it up and let the arm slap down by itself is not a true representaion of the rest when shot. The cord lets the arm down under tension and along with the limbsaver material makes it quite. That is how it works when actually firing the bow.

·
74,535 Posts
Arm slap

Dont allow the arm to hit all the way down. Have it set to hit risor before hitting the bottom of rest.

Velcro, with small piece of rubber works perfect.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Also, tilt your rest down a little at the back end so tha the impact is forced to the very edge of the riser shelf. Than apply a piece of Velcro (male side) with a little adhesive or use the self-adhesive material. The Velcro seems to do all that is needed, but the male side does the best job (the side with the hooks, not the loops). :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Here is how to fix it

Remove the rest from your bow. Set it aside. Grab new rest (TR Dropzone) from its package. Install on bow. No more noise!!! There is one of us in every group. :shade:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have shakey hunters on both of my bows. They sound loud to me when i shoot, but everyone that watches me shoot comments on how quiet my bow is. I will trade a little noise for the best shooting drop away on the market anyway. Good luck

·
74,535 Posts
Thats BS

bowhunter0916 said:
Remove the rest from your bow. Set it aside. Grab new rest (TR Dropzone) from its package. Install on bow. No more noise!!! There is one of us in every group. :shade:
Drop zone is a noisy rest also. :thumbs_do

·
Registered
224 Posts
noise from rest

Go to wal-mart sporting goods and get a package of baseball bat padded tape, It is self adhesive and can be cut to any size. cut a small piece just big enough to cover the portion of the rest that makes contact with the risor. Then cover the pad with mole skin, covering any portion of the risor where the arrow could hit,if it does fall off the rest during the draw, works great and is very quiet.

·
32,713 Posts
Lot of good info here and I had a TT Shakey Hunter put on my OG yesterday and there is nada noise at all. I am going to put a cloth sleeve on the "Y" part of the rest to assure quietness.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Dropzone noise

You can silence a dropzone just the same. Drop the shelf and place a piece of rubber about a 1/4" by 1/4" where the arm drops with epoxy/superglue. I heard that Trophy Ridge was going to do this starting soon, but I just got a new one and it doesnt have it either. Takes about five minutes and works great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts