Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a shakey hunter on my hunting rig and the camo skin is falling apart. I took it off and was going to replace it. Then I starting wondering how much difference it makes. It must stifle some noise but is it significant? Heres the question: How many hunt with it covered and how many hunt with it uncovered and why?

Mark

·
74,535 Posts
I dont use anything

With Carbon Arrows.

Never had a deer run off on draw yet.

I use the oringinal arm

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I would replace it. If you just take it off, you are actually lowering your rest. You might need to retune a hair and you already have a doubt in your head about the noise. You don't need that thought floating around in your head when you're trying to draw on a buck.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Never used one and do not see a reason too. I use GT carbon arrows and have not noticed any additional noise, then again neither have the deer. I also shot the Shakey Hunter, but just purchased the new Pronghorn launcher from Trophy Taker to swap out (for no apparent reason!).

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
take a little bit of quality serving and over under it evenly a few times around the prongs. works like a charm!

·
Registered
467 Posts
With regular all black (plain) carbon shafts I never had a problem, but with camo shafts I get some noise.Im shooting Maxmia hunters now ( couldnt find enough stinkin GT pros :mad: ) and am getting a little noise on the draw.I use a small amount of liquid tape and it quiets right up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts