Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i want a new pse but i pulled back my buddy's 2012 brute and did not like it at all. I am interested in the PSE Prophecy but its a little more then i wanted to spend also only goes to 70lbs i like my current bow at 85lbs i know draw weight does not do a ton to speed now a days but it is more for my comfort. the bow is about 800 dollars i want to spend a little less then that because i would also like 2 start shooting different arrows either the Easton FM J's or the Easton bloodlines. so if any one has some input on a great Compound bow for a good price please post it here.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you are looking for affordability and a great bow. PSE Drive 2014, it's one of there pro line bows. Real nice bow, shoots well, very affordable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you say it is just as smooth at the Prophecy I shot it today and loved it I shot the tightest groups i have ever shot and i only had 15 minutes with the bow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would you say it is just as smooth at the Prophecy I shot it today and loved it I shot the tightest groups i have ever shot and i only had 15 minutes with the bow. What about the 2013 pse drive?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Would you say it is just as smooth at the Prophecy I shot it today and loved it I shot the tightest groups i have ever shot and i only had 15 minutes with the bow. What about the 2013 pse drive?
Basically the same bow - cams the same, reduced the mass weight on 2014, and increased the speed by lowering the brace height. 2013 just as smooth. - Shame that you didn't have the funds to spring for a DNA SP super bow, smooooth, way better than the 2013 DNA in my opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bow i wanted was the DNA but it is 900 Bare bones i only have about 800 to get my bow and get arrows the reason for my wanting an upgrade was last night here in Washington i took a 50 yard shot at a 6 point and was 2 feet behind it and that has never happened before so when i got home i took a look at my bow and it is cracked by the sights making them flex when drawn do not no how it happened do not no why but was a great bow before this never missed my target

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
The bow i wanted was the DNA but it is 900 Bare bones i only have about 800 to get my bow and get arrows the reason for my wanting an upgrade was last night here in Washington i took a 50 yard shot at a 6 point and was 2 feet behind it and that has never happened before so when i got home i took a look at my bow and it is cracked by the sights making them flex when drawn do not no how it happened do not no why but was a great bow before this never missed my target
Just a thought but why not get you a like new DNA off of here.If its only a couple hundred bucks stopping you from what you really want. I would save up a little longer are buy one out the classifieds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you want a DNA then get one >>>>----> You can pick up a 2013 PSE Dream Season DNA CC on Ebay right now for $600.00 to $700.00....... If you were shooting 85 lbs you will love the DNA with Core Cams, they really are Bad Blank Bows...... If you like arrow speed out to 70 to 80 yards this is what your looking for........ I used to shoot a 2012 PSE Dream Season EVO (which has about the smoothest draw cycle out there) I thought the DNA would be a little more difficult on the draw cycle, but to tell you the truth it was not so bad and now that I have been shooting it for almost a year now its nothing to draw back .... I actually like it keeps me honest with my form........ I think if you go the way of the DNA CC you might want to ditch the Bloodline and FMJ arrows and go with Carbon Express Maxima hunter 350 or the new Maxima RED 350's.... These arrows will hold up to the punishing arrow speed that the DNA produce's........and recovery once they leave the bow is incredible........ Shot them all and once I went to the Maxima's my grouping improved 100%.......... Think about it ??????
But if you want a bow you can hold on to for a while with out thinking of getting something else........This is the bow you are looking for........... Hope this help's... Good Luck and Happy shooting >>>>--->

·
Registered
367 Posts
I would recommend the 2014 Drive LT also, I just bought one last week.. and you might as well get the 2014 instead of the 2013 because your paying the same price for a better bow, If you dont want a pro series or just want to spend a little less you cant go wrong with the new Surge either. both are great bows but the Drive LT you really cant beat for the money considering its IBO is 336 for a $500 bow. You can put any PSE you choose on layaway at southernstylearchery.com
and you can take up to 90 days to pay. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts