Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been out and shot this years bows and have narrowed it down to 3. How does everyone choose? I’ve shot them all a few times and the hyper force and realm/realmx are all great shooters and around same price. How do u pick?

·
THWACK!!!!
9,757 Posts
If you like them all about the same and the same price. I would look at the dealer if one offers better service or easier to deal with.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
First thing I look at is draw, then how to tune it, finish, speed, looks and if I have to buy anything special to tune it ie... top hats, press adapters. I don’t worry as much about the shot as long as it goes off and doesn’t chatter my teeth. Most bows I have shot lately have been easy to shoot. And it depends on Bow, is it target, hunting or dual purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
I picked the REALMX because I liked shooting it and the ATA.

& I'm a Bowtech fan.

Good luck on your quest.

·
Registered
442 Posts
The ODB system is hard to beat for diversity of tuning.The Bowtechs have alot to offer both have a smooth draw on comfort with good speed. I ordered the X becuase the string angle fit me better. Shoot all three again and pick them apart.

·
Hunter of many things
12,154 Posts
If you tune your own bow then pick the Realm all day. Otherwise i choose bows by: draw cycle, ata, speed.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Really depends on your draw length, some cams feel better at different positions, To me its all about tuning and accuracy. The best shooting bow I have tried is a Prime Centergy Hybrid LD. Look at the Torque tests on YouTube on the Prime bows it really shows up in tuning and left/right group size for me.

·
Registered
51,095 Posts
No one can possibly help you. Your to that point there are very, very sutle differences only YOU can feel and see.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
You are doing it right. Last year when I purchased, like you, I shot them all. Picked out my top 3, and shot more. At that point it’s all about how it feels in your hand. Good luck and enjoy your new bow.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Don't feel like you have to buy a 2018 model, there are 2017's that are just as good for less money. I have shot all the 2018's and still prefer my Xpedition Denali and Evolve 35. The RealmX is the only 2018 that I could see myself buying down the road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts