Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting this for a year or so, and am noticing some bad things with it. It doesn't seem to want to drop as fast as at first. I have taken it to B&B, and they cleaned it out, but that didn't help for very long, so I took it totally apart. That is when I noticed the tubes inside that guide the arm and keep the springs in place where a little bent. :cry: I tried doing some modifications, but didn't seem to help. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I have a buddy who used one also, and he had similar problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a problem like that and I called Trophy Ridge and they sent me a new spring for the arm. I didnt have anything bent though. The customer service at Trophy ridge has always been good to me. Sorry I dont have the number but you can get it from there webs site. good luck

·
Registered
446 Posts
Dropzone

I had mine on the bow when I sent it to Carters archery for Strings/cables
"crackerized" Mike said he rebuilt mine and LUBED it. The string that was put on by B&B was to short. Waiting for return of bow.

·
32,876 Posts
I've had one for two years now with no problems. The drop zone works great and is very accurate or at least lets the arrow be very accurate. It's a dandy.

·
Registered
53,333 Posts
Don't use WD 40 any place on your bow or you will wind up with problems. It's petroleum based and will attract dirt and grim. Only use synthetic types of lube. I've never had to do anything to my Drop Zone. :beer: :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have checked some other sites, and there are similar problems on there. I tried using some Teflon spray to lubricate it as per Trophy Ridge web site help line, and it helped for a little bit, but went out to shoot it this morning and had even worse problems. I forgot to check how fast it was falling like an idiot, and it was again dropping too slow. So slow that it caught my fletching, ripped it off, sent the arrow off wildly, and BENT the rest arm!!!! :eek: :angry: I am not saying that all people will have this problem, but I want something I can rely on when the big boy comes in. Decided to go with the ZE.

·
Registered
53,333 Posts
If the timing has changed on your DZ that says it is not installed proper. When you tie the cord to your down cable the timing needs to be set then severed above that to make sure your timing does not go out. If you haven't' done this it is a MUST. If you have done this properly then there is something else going on with your bow or maybe the rest. But I'll put most of my money on it's not installed and timed proper. :beer: :smile:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dale_B1 said:
If the timing has changed on your DZ that says it is not installed proper. When you tie the cord to your down cable the timing needs to be set then severed above that to make sure your timing does not go out. If you haven't' done this it is a MUST. If you have done this properly then there is something else going on with your bow or maybe the rest. But I'll put most of my money on it's not installed and timed proper. :beer: :smile:

Then I guess I'll take your money, bud. It's not the timing, cause I took the rest off the bow, and when you pull back on the string on the dz that pulls it up, then release it, it wouldn't hardly go down. Took it apart, cleaned and lubed it, and it worked a little better for a bit, but then went back to going slow. Again, I am not saying that this will happen to everybody, but it happened to mine. Therefore it has to go. And btw, don't think that everyone on here is an idiot and don't know when their bow is out of tune. That would be the first thing I checked, but thanks.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I've had mine for about 6 months. The greatest thing since sliced bread!! The only thing I've seen come along in archery that would compare with what "The Zone" can do for someone's shooting would be the Mathews Switchback. If I could only afford to get them together. It would have to be the ultimate rush for an archer:D

·
Registered
293 Posts
I also shoot a DZ. Without a doubt this is the best rest i ever shot.The only problem i ever had was a little noise..I did the mod. as posted on AT wraped in fleece put a mini limbsaver on the side it is wicked silent and deadly accurate!!!All i can think is if one of those upright post are bent thats got to be your problem.I also changed from shooting cock down to cock up.After shooting spots al winter with my huntin rig turned down to 60# i turned it back up to74# shootin 285 fps the cock would wack the launcher arm.Maybe this is how you bent a rod??kinda doubt it but maybe a thought..Call trophy ridge i'll bet they give you a new one..

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
So far so good with both of mine :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought mine about two months ago. I was shooting a bodoodle and had problens with it beating up my shafts so I went with the DZ and had great resulty with reduced noise and increased accuracy. I will keep an eye on it and let ya'll know if I have any problems and thanks for the heads up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.