Archery Talk Forum banner

Tru ball interchangeable heads

430 3
I have never used a back tension release, but would like to start to improve form etc. The Tru ball boss series (chappy, trail and little) looks interesting to me, but I don't understand the advantages of the different heads. It looks like these can be purchased with standard caliper jaws, single ball jaws, double ball jaws or talon rope head. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
3,222 Posts
I actually prefer open hook designs like the ST-3/4 and Carter ember. Its another style of jaw.i have a bunch of Tru Ball hand helds all the boss series are Talon. i think the talon is just a hair more precise than the caliper...but who knows. they all work, its really just a personal preference. its good to have options.

· Registered
899 Posts
Dont get the tru ball trail boss way to much trigger travel see if you want your trigger light you have to have way to much trigger travel but if you set your trigger heavy you could have no travel but your pulling your guts out. I dont know about the chappy boss but i whould go with the carters.

· Registered
2,361 Posts
chappy boss

I just ordered my second Chappy Boss
(needed a backup - i would hate not having one on a hunting trip) -
you can set them how light you want and trigger travel. I love mine .....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.