Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the TRU Ball Sweet Spot II and the Carter Solution 2.75 what do you think is the better release.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
The Carter hands down. I also think the customer service at Carter is like night and day compared to TruBall. At Carter they help you, understand your needs and do what they can to get you in the right release. If something is wrong, they take care of it ASAP. TruBall makes sure to tell you that you have done something wrong because their products don't break and then if you take it to them personally at a show for repair...prepare to be belittled. I upgraded all my release to Carter for these very reasons.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Releases

Both releases are made for people with smaller hands than mine. I cannot get my finger in the 2.75 and my fingers also affect the truball when I am drawing the bow back. Now I have a large hand so this may not be concern for you but it someting to keep in mind

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I think both are great releases but i love the Tru ball releases expecially the back tension releases. If i was you i would try one and see how you like it. I think you will like the way it feels.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I have a couple Solution 2.5's that I like very much. I think they are the same size as the 2.75. I have very large hands, but not very fat fingers. They seem to fit me well.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
I've had the exact opposite experience as Doc with TruBall. They have bent over backwards to get a release fixed for me that I screwed up and they have been more than cordial to me at the shoots I have been to..Vegas and Louisville.

Carter has been good to me too, but not any different than TruBall.

As for the releases. I have owned both releases and prefer the more "traditional" BT release feel of the Sweet Spot II. I had problems with my Solution when it would get dirty. My Sweet Spot is easily cleaned out from the outside with some canned air.

·
74,535 Posts
Carter

Would be my choice.:wink:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
AKDoug said:
I've had the exact opposite experience as Doc with TruBall.
Like anything it probably just depends on the person(s) you are dealing with.:)

·
Registered
971 Posts
TRU Ball ST4:thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
i personally shoot the carter releases.....and highly recommend them to anyone.....

i agree with akdoug ....i dont think that either company will be hard to deal with on any level...whether its on the buying or servicing end of business....

i can say that i havent had any issues with any carter ive tried when dirty...as i have shot many carters in many different conditions.....and have left many of my carter releases outside overnight on many occasions....through rain, sun, hot and cold....

give the evolution a shot if you want some "true" back tension

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I think Carter has a better selection of releases.Frame size,style etc.They are well built,will last and last.Customer service is the best you will ever find.The evolution is the newest of their releases.It will show you what true back tension really feels like.Go to a archery shop and try out as many as you can.You will know the right one for you when you shoot it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its not even a comparision. Carter releases are the best on the market by far. Just look at the mechanism, parts, etc. You know quality when it sits in your hand. Your question was which is a better release, Carter hands down.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Both good products. I don't see how you can go wrong with either one. I have been shooting the SS II and if you want a release with a safety you will not be disapointed

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I have a TruBall, and several Carters. I think the Carters are better. I can get inside my various Carters for cleaning and lubrication. The interior parts, finish, and assembly, are remarkable. I wouldn't try to open my TruBall. It's just not designed to be tinkered with. It works well; but it's not on the same level as the Carter. There is one very large advantage to the TruBall; it's operation is quiet. All my Carters have a noticable "click" when released. I've found most manufacturers to be very supportive. I'm sure either company would provide first class service on their products.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts