Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting a tru ball pro diamond for about a month now without trouble. Within the past week it has all of a sudden started releasing without notice in the middle of my draw. After my second self inflicted punch to the throat and 3 broken arrows I switched back to my wrist release. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with this release and if there are any easy fixes? I know that there is a tension adjustment for the trigger and I turned it down a bit hoping it would stop but it didn't. I am using a D loop on a 60# pse drive if that helps.

·
How hard can it be?
1,450 Posts
Get a hold of Tru ball and send it in for repair. I'd imagine they'd fix it up. My Tru fire was releasing early and they took care of it.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Not saying that the release needs to be repaired but my Tru Ball Diamond Extreme has a small gap between the two jaws and I have had the D-loop slip through the gap during the draw. Lucky for me, learned early to draw with my fist to the side of my face and did not self punch in the mouth. Did not bother with trying to get it fix, it was not worth the risk. Switched to a Hot Shot release with a hook that locks around the D-loop and could not be happier.

Learn to draw with your fist away from your throat/face, you will not regret it.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I've been shooting the max4 pro for almost 3 seasons without issue. Send it in and Randy will take care of you

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
My friend had a pro diamond and when his string loop got worn and frayed a little it done the same thing
His had a small gap between the jaws and when he got pressure on the release the worn loop slipped through
not saying this is your problem but maybe something to look at.

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
If there is a gap then the release is not correct. Send it in they will fix it properly. More than likely the spring is wore. I have several of their release and have been using them for years without a problem.

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
Not saying that the release needs to be repaired but my Tru Ball Diamond Extreme has a small gap between the two jaws and I have had the D-loop slip through the gap during the draw. Lucky for me, learned early to draw with my fist to the side of my face and did not self punch in the mouth. Did not bother with trying to get it fix, it was not worth the risk. Switched to a Hot Shot release with a hook that locks around the D-loop and could not be happier.

Learn to draw with your fist away from your throat/face, you will not regret it.

Good Luck.
Why would you not send in a $100+ release in and get it fixed properly????? They will take care of it.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
I have been shooting a tru ball pro diamond for about a month now without trouble. Within the past week it has all of a sudden started releasing without notice in the middle of my draw. After my second self inflicted punch to the throat and 3 broken arrows I switched back to my wrist release. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with this release and if there are any easy fixes? I know that there is a tension adjustment for the trigger and I turned it down a bit hoping it would stop but it didn't. I am using a D loop on a 60# pse drive if that helps.
I've been shooting 2 Tru Ball Pro Diamond Extremes for years. Something surely has changed. Have you changed the D loop? Is there wax on it? Is your draw (form) different? Rule out any "other" issues. IF it is the release, call TruBall as their customer service is excellent.

·
Registered
611 Posts
There is an adjustment screw for that, on my pro diamond, adjust it and it will be fine. You can go to there website and pull up the instructions for any of there releases

·
Registered
125 Posts
Heres the thing, it says clearly on the pack that if you adjust the set screw more than once you need to take it out and apply new loctite or it will back itself out or in. AND if you turned the set screw in you went the wrong way you adjust it out for more release pressure in for less pressure.

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
I would say give T.R.U.BALL a call and tell them what it's doing .They have great CS and might be able to help you over the phone ,or they will tell you to send it back for service .
I have shot the Pro Diamond xtreme for years with out any trouble .

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
If you turned the set screw inward, you only loosened it up more.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the same thing happen with my Max 4 Pro but for me it was the trigger position. I had moved the trigger all the way to the inside. At about 3/4 draw if my thumb was hanging low my thumb pad would hit the trigger. I now have moved the trigger out so my thumb is on the inside of the trigger during the draw and no misefires.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
You can call TRU Ball and talk to Randy Summer or Brandon Reyes and they will get you straight. You can also look under my friends here and PM Brandon (TRU Pro) or his wife Kelly (KeyRey) but I would suggest just calling up there and they will do what needs to be done to get you straight.
If you have any more questions feel free to contact me here on AT.

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,041 Posts
You can call TRU Ball and talk to Randy Summer or Brandon Reyes and they will get you straight. You can also look under my friends here and PM Brandon (TRU Pro) or his wife Kelly (KeyRey) but I would suggest just calling up there and they will do what needs to be done to get you straight.
If you have any more questions feel free to contact me here on AT.
+2, 3 or 4 on calling them. They have terrific customer service and are easy to deal with. A release is a mechanical device with many components. To have one out of hundreds develop an issue is the nature of the beast.

Things happen, things break or wear out. They'll take care of you.

good luck and good shooting

·
Socket Man
24,303 Posts
It is way to important to continue shooting with a hand held to simply stop because you had a few failures. Truball will help you and the sooner you upgrade to a absolute 360 the better and use the diamond as a backup.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I appreciate all the responses. I bought the release on archery talk from another user so I'm not sure if it would help to call in seeing that I didn't buy it new. If I had the money I would just buy a carter release. I bought this one because I wanted to try a thumb release without breaking the bank. When I have the money I will upgrade to a better one. I'm thinking the problem that some suggested about the d loop being frayed might be the problem. I don't know if I can get a fatter d loop put on but I will look into all the options everyone has suggested.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts