Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting one of these ? Which one would be the better choice. I would like to hear from somebody that uses one of these. I will be using for 3D and Hunting.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I’ve had the Diamond Standard for a while but have recently bought an Extreme so I can move my anchor point forward a bit without reducing my bows draw length.
Both work great for me as releases but for the reason above I prefer the Extreme.
Both fit my hand well and are smooth to use. I haven’t tried adjusting the tension needed to release yet but you can.
The extreme has a couple of drilled holes in the top which the standard doesn’t where I can put a lanyard if I don’t want to buy the special proprietary one.
Good fit & finish on both.

Only problem I had (my own fault) was the screw holding the diamond shaped thing you put your thumb on on the extreme. It was very tight & I stripped it when trying to loosen it to rotate it. As I had both the standard & extreme I just swapped the trigger over but will have to do something about it if I want to sell the standard.

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
i use standard and really like it. fit and finish is good for it being used half a yr before i bought it. its a great release. i never tried the extreme though so idk. try to shoot both if you can.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is one easier to draw than the other.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I haven't noticed any difference in ease of draw between the two.
Just that I can anchor half an inch further forward with the same bow draw length.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't noticed any difference in ease of draw between the two.
Just that I can anchor half an inch further forward with the same bow draw length.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I use the extreme, even in hunting season
It takes the tension off my wrist, gives me
a good solid anchoring point, the extreme
just feels better, it is good quality

Carl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts