Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to the gander mtn today...and came home with a Tru ball pro diamond release... Turns out when I draw back...well...I cant make it but half way...

I know that means it is set tooo heavy...but i dotn have an allen wrench to fit it! How small of one do you need????:eek:

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
You cant get what back half way?

The release to fire or the bow drawn?

And yes i had to buy a tiny one.

I use the trail boss. Awesome release.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:confused: I cant get the bow halfway drawn without sendin the arrow flyin through my yard....glad I remembered to draw lower so I didnt bust myself in the face...

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Drawing is easy. Just keep your thumb off the button.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
njshadowwalker said:
Drawing is easy. Just keep your thumb off the button.

I know that but I think it is set to HEAVY...my hand is no where near the trigger...and nothing else is hitting it...the dloop is pulling through the jaws...:confused:

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
I dont think it set to heavy .I think it's set to light .Try to tighten it up some .Good luck

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John-in-VA said:
I dont think it set to heavy .I think it's set to light .Try to tighten it up some .Good luck

Thanks...Ill try as soon as I find an allen wrench that will fit...that thing is SMALL...

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
The d loop is in no way gonna pull through the jaws on the draw especially. You simply cant draw it!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
njshadowwalker said:
The d loop is in no way gonna pull through the jaws on the draw especially. You simply cant draw it!

What do you mean by that?? I can shoot a BT release just fine...but i cant draw a Thumb release?? Seems pretty weird to me if you think I cant...:confused:

Ive had a Tru fire release do this to me because the screw was too tight...I loosened it and it worked fine...

Nothin is hittin the trigger...it is firing at half draw...:confused:

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
rdneckhntr said:
What do you mean by that?? I can shoot a BT release just fine...but i cant draw a Thumb release?? Seems pretty weird to me if you think I cant...:confused:

Ive had a Tru fire release do this to me because the screw was too tight...I loosened it and it worked fine...

Nothin is hittin the trigger...it is firing at half draw...:confused:
If you know everything then whya sk the ?

BTW drawing a tru BT and a thumb button are 2 differnbt things. And if its firing at half draw you are either hitting the button or its set to LIGHT.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
The loop will definately pull through the jaws and cause the bow to fire if it's not set right. He's NOT accidently hitting the trigger as he draws.:confused:
Needs to be set right. Hey *******, didn't you get a little allen wrench in the package with the release?

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
YES if its set too light it will. If its set to stiff no way.

I have a trail boss, a chappy boss and i shot a prodiamond and never had this trouble if it was set to heavy. ONly when its too light.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
njshadowwalker said:
YES if its set too light it will. If its set to stiff no way.

I have a trail boss, a chappy boss and i shot a prodiamond and never had this trouble if it was set to heavy. ONly when its too light.
Right!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:censored:
njshadowwalker said:
If you know everything then whya sk the ?

BTW drawing a tru BT and a thumb button are 2 differnbt things. And if its firing at half draw you are either hitting the button or its set to LIGHT.

I never did claim to "know everything"...but I DID know I wasnt hitting the trigger...but oh well...i guess there always has to be some smart :censored: on just about every post...

Thanks to everyone else. I talked to my gpa and he has some small enough and Ill get them tomorrow so I can play around with it.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:wink: Oh yea...about the tooo HEAVY...that was on a Tru Fire caliper release and it was turned up really heave and the screw was hitting one of the jaws and causeing it to misfire during the draw...thats why i thought at first it was set too heavy because the tech turned it up(he must have turned it down) when I bought it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts