Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with a truball release , like the sweet spot , wich features a stringloop , do i need to add a loop to the bowstring , or i can just wrap the loop around the bowstring?

A

·
0 Posts
If you are going to use it with the loop attached to the release then you should put a nock on the string above the arrow to keep the arrow in place. If you dont then the arrow will slide and change your nock point. You can use a brass nock or tie one in with serving.
Bob

A

·
0 Posts
I personally like to tie mine in with serving, but just a plain brass nock will work just as good.

A

·
0 Posts
Anytime. If you are looking to tie in a nock with serving go to the Tuning section on here and there is a step by step procedure with photos on how to do it. I think Spectre posted it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Archer53 is correct about using the loop attached directly on the string. If you don't want to use the loop on the release, you can take it off, put a string loop on your bow string and shoot the release off of that.

I would also tie on a nock rather than use a brass nock. Either one will work though.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
arr4ws said:
with a truball release , like the sweet spot , wich features a stringloop , do i need to add a loop to the bowstring , or i can just wrap the loop around the bowstring?
That's called a release rope and you shoot right off the string with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts