Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally bought a Tru Ball w/ Talon head from Lancasters when I was actually trying to order the Caliper head. Anyway my question is since the talon head comes with a loop string attached but I already have a D-loop on my string can I just remove the one thats on it and just use it with the the talon like claw on the head with my loop? Looking at it I don't see why it wouldn't work I would just like some feedback from someone who has had experience with these type releases.Thanks

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its the Pro Diamond model. Forgot that the 1st time.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have not shot the talon head. I have the caliper head. However, I don't see why you could not do just as you said. Try it and see. I think that the talon head is made to shoot either way.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Talon head

Sure , you can use the Talon head without the rope -- I have been shooting with a Talon head on a Chappy Boss without the rope for 2 years now --- I was told that when you have the release in position next to your face that the side of the Talon head that held the rope should be the side closest to your face.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems to work

I have just finished shooting about 30 arrows with it and it seems to be working out ok. When I anchor the part that is closest to my face is the side of the head that says Talon and has the patent number. I'm punching a little but still producing some good groups at 15 yrds. (thats all the far I can shoot in the house) they should get even better when I quit doing that. Thanks for the help all.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
The Talon Head Is Far Better Then The Caliper Head,not Near As Much Travel.you Schould Thank Lanaster For The Mistake.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My mistake

I'm the one who goofed up. I ordered not realizing it had the rope on it, then when I got it I thought I can't use this release then I talked to fuzzy d and he layed out for me Barney style so I removed the rope adjusted the head to shoot from my D-loop and now I'm realizing the potential of me and my bows. Thanks Dave.

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts

This is the Carter Hunter. I use it for spot-shooting only and I like it so much I have two of them.

Yes! You can use it with a D-loop. And once you get used to it you will never go back to a caliper release. The talon is perfectly secure and it enables you to hook onto the loop and draw in one uninterrupted motion, eliminating the extra step required to lock the caliper onto the string or loop.

Semper Fi!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts