Super plush black buckle strap
Over 1

Keywords: Tru-Fire Hardcore Max

Red Personal protective equipment Leash Fashion accessory Bag
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had this release for a few weeks now. My accuracy has been good with it. I am coming from a single caliper release and I really like how easy it is to get the release on the loop. Come hunting season I think I will really appreciate this aspect of the release. The trigger is very adjustable with travel and poundage adjustments, you can set it very light with little travel, or heavy with more travel depending on your preference. Overall I'm very happy and would recommend it to others.

Rating10
Prosvery accurate, trigger adjustability, very nice wrist strap
Consnothing yet
Would you recommend?yes

· Registered
81 Posts
all around great great release! You can really tune this release to suit your shooting not like other releases where you have to get use to the way it wants you to shoot! Love it!

Rating10
ProsThis is my favorite release - great comfort - adjustable trigger - swivle head - adjustable length
Consnone
Would you recommend?yes

· Registered
551 Posts
Bought one of these when I bought my Spyder Turbo, I wanted all around new gear for this rig. I used to shoot with a dual caliber release and I was very comfortable with it, but after a very short time ( I'd say within the first hour and some adjustments) my groups were tightening up at 20/30/40 yards dramatically. You just get such a better clearance off the D loop with this release. It's going to be awesome this fall when a buck comes out in front of my tree stand and I can keep my eyes on the prize and hook my loop without looking for it. The only problem I have with the release is that I wish it would adjust out another 3/4". I have it maxed out for distance and my trigger finger still goes past the trigger. The answer I came up with was to buckle it a notch looser than normal and it slides down my wrist a little more to make up for it. YOU NEED ONE OF THESE !!

Rating10
ProsExcellent trigger (easy to adapt) Built to last
ConsAdjustable shaft need to be a little longer for archers w large hands
Would you recommend?yes

· Registered
716 Posts
Being new to the sport, I tried (and now own) several different releases from 3 finger thumb to a regular two caliper wrist, to even a back tension release (which I haven't mastered yet), but nothing is as comfortable as this Harcore Max. I might qualify this a bit though since it is by far the highest quality release I own as well. I like the others for what they are but they'll have to be back ups to this one!

Rating10
ProsExcellent strap, my most comfortable
Consnone
Would you recommend?yes

· Registered
22 Posts
ive shot alot of releases and and my favorite has been a scott.i tryed the hard core max out at my local shop and had to have one.i havent had to do any adjusting on it.

Rating8
Proscomfertable,perfect size for me,the head pivits for less tork on string or loop
Consnone yet
Would you recommend?yes

· Registered
50 Posts
Best hook release on the market
Imo. Highly suggest you give one of these a go. Superb!

Rating10
Prostrigger is fantastic, very comfy to wear, great adjustabiliy.
Conscould gave a touch more adjustment in the length.
Would you recommend?yes

· Registered
841 Posts
I've just recently gotten back into archery. I bought a tru fire hurricane, but after reading about this release and shopping around for a good price, I jumped on it. Best money ever spent. If you like a wrist style release these are the cream of the crop. Fully adjustable trigger pressure and length. Smooth release. You have the option of a swept trigger(my preference) They look great and so far it has proven to be very reliable and durable.

Rating10
ProsFully Adjustable, Comfortable, Reliable, Appealing
ConsAbsolutely None
Would you recommend?yes

· Registered
4,191 Posts
This release is amazing. All the adjustability is great, comfort of having the thing on all day is great, it even looks great, the trigger shape n location is awesome, this is my 1st hook style release an ill never go back. So much better than the jaws style. Can snap it on ur loop without looking this will b amazing come hunting season! If ur considering one just Buy it u won't regrete it.

Rating10
ProsVery comfy, great quality, works fantastically!
ConsNone.
Would you recommend?yes

· Registered
4 Posts
On average I shoot 300 or 400 arrows per session and I pretty much have to replace my d loop every session which is a shame because I really do enjoy using this release but the fact that I have to change D Loop twice a week is a major downside i had a truglo detonator before and this one was better in almost every way aside from the dloop issue

Rating4
ProsComfortable adjustability reliable
ConsEats my dloops the pin in the back stopped a clean string release
Would you recommend?no

· Registered
26 Posts
shoots fine to about 30 yards but back to 60 you can see the flaw in the design the hook doesnt clear out of the way and it causes accuracy problems

Rating1
Prosnice trigger
Conshook doesnt open all the way loop has to go around it
Would you recommend?no

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.