Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any experience with the trufire hurricane release? they are on sale at dicks so i have o idea what to expect of them

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
My wife shoots one. They're great if you hold your wrist flat, but since the whole release turns rather than just the head, if you hold your hand at an angle to your face (like I do since I'm used to shooting thumb-trigger or back tension), it can be awkward to shoot. Overall it seems like standard trigger-style caliper release fare.

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
cant get better customer service from them either!! top notch releases to boot, all the way around. they are the only releases i will own!

·
Registered
57 Posts
the hurricane is a great release but for the money and the trigger system i couldnt find one smoother than the truball stinger so if you can get that then i would say thats the way to go imho. take your bow to them and ask to shoot it in their range. thats the best way to see if it fits you or not :)

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
Having recently switched from a hand-held release to a wrist strap I've tried a few different brands and types, including some with buckles and some with Velcro. In keeping with a common complaint about buckle straps, the ones I tried were either too tight or too loose.

Of the Velcro straps I tried the best by far is the Power Strap on the Tru-Fire Hurricane.

Every other Velcro strap I've ever tried is puny, uncomfortable and clumsy to put on compared with this one, which is well padded, sturdy, easy to put on, very comfortable and absolutely secure. In addition to its reasonable price, a bonus feature is the pivoting head which easily rotates completely out of the way, freeing the draw hand for pulling arrows, etc.

After pulling with an open-hook (talon) hand-held release for so many years it's taken me a while to re-program what was a solidly conditioned thumb-trigger impulse but I'm finally getting used to the this index-finger trigger, caliper head, wrist-strap Hurricane and my groups are closing appreciably. All in all I've found it to be an excellent release -- and I shoot spots only.

I highly recommend the Tru-Fire Hurricane to anyone who is looking for a good, inexpensive caliper-head wrist release.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
The Hurricane works fine. I converted away from the Hurricane to a Carter Quickie 1 series release because I wanted a crisper trigger break.

I still keep the Hurricane as a spare.

-Steve

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I have the Tru-Fire Edge web strap index finger model with web on order am anxious to give it a try. Will be my first Tru-Fire!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
My hurricane has began to open up a bit and has let go of my loop a couple of times during the draw back. Good thing is i get to test the great customer service i hear so much about.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
RE: Hurricane

Tru-Fire Hurricane Team Realtree Powerstrap... Perfect release for me, have 2 of them. Adjustable and comfortable with a good trigger.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I like the Judge and 360 releases by Tru Fire, they have a rotating head that will let you get your wrist into any position without torquing the string. It rotates ahead of the trigger where other companies that have a rotating head, the trigger rotates with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts