Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a new release. I am torn between a tru fire hard core or a scott. It will primarily be a hunting release. Any suggestions?

·
Snafu
1,419 Posts
I really like the Scott Wildcat. The trigger is forward. The lever of the trigger requires slightly more motion which helps me with back tension and pulling through the shot. I have also shot the Scott Mongoose and I like it but I have had issues with the trigger being very sensitive.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
View attachment 1275654 Tru-fire Edge is awesome. Very quiet and smooth.
the best and my favorite release i have used to date, and my uncle switched to it after his Scott little goose would not release well in the cold weather. It kept sticking and then would throw his arrow about 6inch to the right of where he was aiming.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I just switched to Scott from tru ball. I really like the Scott, and I still really like the tru ball releases. I never cared much for the tru fire brand releases...

·
Registered
596 Posts
I just switched to the Tru Fire Hardcore this year. I've got no complaints and would buy another one tomorrow if I had to. I have never used a Scott release so I can't comment on those.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I use a Scott Silverhorn for hunting. I've tried TruFires in the past and didn't like them at all. I have been thinking about trying a Tru Ball Center X though...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I shoot a Scott Shark and really like it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the Tru-Fire Hardcore and love it. I used a Scott prior to the Hardcore and was pleased with it, but the Hardcore is much nicer. Nice, crisp trigger, captive buckle system, the trigger and hook flip back (nice when pulling arrows), and well built.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I really like the Scott Wildcat. The trigger is forward. The lever of the trigger requires slightly more motion which helps me with back tension and pulling through the shot. I have also shot the Scott Mongoose and I like it but I have had issues with the trigger being very sensitive.
X2. Love the Wildcat. The trigger is adjustable in every way, shape, or form. Even down to sensitivity of the trigger.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts