Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this off a member on here and just got it, sadly its far in the condition he claimed it to be in. :angry:

He painted it himself black as it came in APG camo it does appear. Tried to call him, he claims its not him and the phone number is new and just activated, then even texted me saying he was a 14 year old kid. Funny he had a 50 year old guy's voice when he did answer. He's playing me over the phone and not owning up to being misleading. So even moderators get taken on here sadly, however, he is NOT dealing on here anymore!!!

This sight is the green dot version. Rheostat goes from 1 to 11. I will provide a new battery for the site, the current one does work pretty good. Does come with the quiver mount bracket and original package.

Other that the black paint job he gave it, its a nice sight, however I expected like new condition as he claimed and he won't own up to misleading me.

So my loss is your gain. If you get this redipped it would be a nice looking sight again. They sell for $150.00 new.

$50.00 tyd. USPS postal money order only.

Attachments

·
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I finally contacted the seller. He swears if I send it in to Tru Glo they would warranty it. To me that is deceitful because it was his paint job, not Tru Glo's. This is where you can't be deceitful on companies and expect them to warranty an issue that is not theirs, its also a reason prices go up. Be honest in your ads and with companies, in the end, its a win/win for both sides.

Plus he said deer will never see it so who cares about the paint job. :mg: Well Lou does because he called it great condition and in his eyes I got a $160.00 site for $60.00 and should be happy. Sorry but that is misleading and not allowed in the classifieds.

So I wanted to share my experience with the members and tell them that even moderators do get taken advantage at times but we do our best on here to make our classifieds a great experience. Sadly I got had on this classifieds deal.

So who wants a great deal on a sight in need of a good paint job! :D

·
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pictures....keep in mind I will send you a spare new battery for this.

Trying to be as upfront with pictures as I can. Its not rust on it but the APG camo showing through in some spots.

Attachments

·
Banned
696 Posts
are they any plastic parts or pieces to the sight? seems to me a fellow could remove that black paint???????? acetone maybe...........

·
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are they any plastic parts or pieces to the sight? seems to me a fellow could remove that black paint???????? acetone maybe...........
I don't want to mess with it, I paid for a sight in great condition and got this. For the right person it could be a great deal. I think a guy in Wisconsin dips sights for $25.00 too. I just don't want to mess with it after my talk today with him.

Thanks smoke pole though for your tip. Take care my friend!

·
Banned
696 Posts
i dont blame you. if season was'nt already here or i had another bow this would be MINE. lol. this a heck of a deal. we all get had from time to time. lol.

·
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:bump:

·
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$45.00 tyd. Let's move this thing! :D

·
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the bump! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
wish i had the cash. been wanting to try one. how much does it weigh? slider style?

·
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wish i had the cash. been wanting to try one. how much does it weigh? slider style?
Not sure what it weighs, sorry, it does slide up and down. I believe if set-up it could go 20 out to 80 yards.

·
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Lou, p.m sent...do you use this sight w/o a peep?

·
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lou, p.m sent...do you use this sight w/o a peep?
I have never set this up Dean. It came this way, it upset me and sits on my archery bench now. From reading reviews on here, some say to use a peep with it to be more accurate. That was my goal.

·
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
39,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·