Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of buying another BT release. I was looking at the Tru-Ball Tru-Tension and BT-Gold models. They look very similar, yet the BT-Gold costs right much more. Any idea why? Will it allow me to shoot better than if i use the Tru-Tension?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I can't speak about the Tru-Tension but I just got the BT-Gold 4 finger and it is the release I've been looking for for many years. It is the most comfortable release in my hand and the extra bulk of the release gives me the feel I'm happy with. I like the squared finger grooves on this release instead of the rounded fingers on other manufacturers. My fingers grip the release in the first joint from my hand and so far, no callouses.

·
Registered
507 Posts
owned 'em both

I've owned em both and the only difference is one is made out of brass. It is heavier and some like the weight.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I like the BT Gold's Darryl...But either are very good releases.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
BT Gold

I have tried other back tension releases, but go back to my 3 finger BT Gold. I have 2, 1 in brass 1 in aluminun and the brass is my #1 release due to the weight, and wide frame. I am a knuckle dragger with large hands.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx guys, sounds like the votes are towards the BT-Gold. I've got a Zenith that Joe put together for me at an ASA shoot last year. But it's a small 3-finger with no thumb peg. I was only shooting about 55 pounds then and it was fine. This year, i'm upping my pounds to around 65, so i want a little more to grab onto.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I can't speak about the Tru-Tension but I just got the BT-Gold 4 finger and it is the release I've been looking for for many years. It is the most comfortable release in my hand and the extra bulk of the release gives me the feel I'm happy with. I like the squared finger grooves on this release instead of the rounded fingers on other manufacturers. My fingers grip the release in the first joint from my hand and so far, no callouses.
Ditto . . I prefer the BT Gold.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
You will enjoy the BT Gold. It is the most repeatable release I have shot. Travel is very consistent as well and and it can be set extra heavy or ultra light. I have 2 BT Golds, an HT, and a SweetspotII and always seem to find myself digging for my bt golds in my release pouch. Well worth the extra money.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
go to bed! dang kids!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts