Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not bashing, just asking. Has anybody had one of these releases that seem to want to "hang" on their loop? I picked one up a couple of weeks ago and was shooting it and my groups were pretty scary which turned into more shooting which turned into..........and so on. I got out my ole Mongoose (circa '97?) and BOOM back in the center almost every shot? Seems the loop slips out of the Mongoose better and with my SNS it is almost like a "hang fire" in an old flintlock or something? The hook doesn't appear to be boogered up but I don't have another one to compare it to. Just curious if anyone else had experienced this? I hate it too cause I like the strap connection and the "open" style of the SNS. Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Not bashing either. Had 2 SNS both acted the same way yours did. Went with Carter Quikie because I do like the open jaw. Have tried many other TRUBall releases and liked them all.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I had a SNS and I didn't like it as much as I did their regular releases. The new SilverBack, CopperHead etc are very nice you may want to try and unload the SNS and pick up one of these.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have been using the sns for 2 years, never had a problem. I liked it so much I bought a buckle type to go along with the origional velcro type for a backup. I am curious by what you mean "hang on the loop". Please explain.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff,
The best way I can describe it would be to say that it doesn't "feel" like it releases the loop as "cleanly" as my Mongoose does? Seems like it "hangs" onto the loop for a nanno second rather than immediately releasing it, free of any snags, hesitation, etc.? Probably still doesn't make much sense? Here is what I did last night. I compared the trigger pull on both releases and did find that the SNS had a much heavier trigger pull. I thought to myself maybe this is the difference. Maybe I am expecting it to "go off" with the same trigger tension as the Mongoose and when it doesn't I am getting a little "punchy" rather than holding steady through the shot? I re-set the trigger on the SNS to be as close to the Mongoose as I could without a trigger scale and sent a few arrows downrange. Results: Seems like a brand new release!:embara: Noticed absolutely no hesitation, hang, delay whatsoever? Might have been me all along not noticing the difference in trigger weights and "anticipating' the shot? Carrying it to the woods this morning to give it a whirl. Me and Mongoose took a doe yesterday morning so I think it is only fair to give the SNS a chance too! Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I have two of the regular trigger models, one with the rope connection to the glove and the other with the newer strap connection. They both have great triggers and a very smooth release of the loop. This is the first Ive heard of this and it concerns me a little bit as Ive been reccomending this release to a few friends. There are a few more d-loop releases out today with the short head, anyone have any experiences with these and opinions on thier triggers etc versus the short and sweet.
Good hunting
BD

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really am beginning to think the issue with it was a "loose nut" behind the string? Last night I tweaked on getting the trigger set very similar in weight to my Mongoose and then put some Loc Tite on it. This morning after I hunted I shot three 100 grain Muzzys at my Block 4X4 at 30 yards with the SNS and all of them were in the center dot! What I really think was happening is that when I "thought" it should have been going off it wasn't due to the heavier trigger pull. I feel like I was anticipating the shot going off and when it didn't it "felt" like it was "hanging" on my loop? Hard to explain but now with the trigger lightened up some I am back to loving this little gem of a release! Sorry for being a bonehead. If the thread is casting TRUBall in an unfair light due to my stupidity I'll delete or one of the mods can, matters not to me?:darkbeer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts