Archery Talk Forum banner

Truball Sweetspot???

387 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Tom C
Is there any reason why you can’t use the Sweetspot with the safety engaged while drawing. In other words I would like to draw the bow back with the safety off. As long as pressure is on the thumb peg and pointer finger will this be OK? I did not know if there was something in the design of the release that would cause a problem with shooting it in this manner. I really like the release I just want to eliminate the extra motion of disengaging the safety at full draw. Basically I want to use it like you would a regular bt hinge release. Thanks!!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12,614 Posts
Is there any reason why you can’t use the Sweetspot with the safety engaged while drawing. In other words I would like to draw the bow back with the safety off. As long as pressure is on the thumb peg and pointer finger will this be OK? I did not know if there was something in the design of the release that would cause a problem with shooting it in this manner. I really like the release I just want to eliminate the extra motion of disengaging the safety at full draw. Basically I want to use it like you would a regular bt hinge release. Thanks!!
Yes. It will work fine. This is one thing I really like about the Sweet Spot Series vs. the similar Carters with a safety. I haven't tried the Solution 2.75. It LOOKS like it should work without the safety but I know the 2.5 did not.

· I am nobody.........
8,668 Posts
Nope Tom, no reason you cant use it without the safety.

As a matter of fact, the only time I have punched myself was twice with that blasted release as the safety was not functioning properly at an ASA shoot during the team ProAm. I finished the shoot with that release by using it without the safety, promptly finished the round, got my money back, and bought a Zenith. I figured if I was going to punch myself in the mouth I might as well use one without a safety as I might draw it more cautiously....

· Registered
11,635 Posts
Nope Tom, no reason you cant use it without the safety.

As a matter of fact, the only time I have punched myself was twice with that blasted release as the safety was not functioning properly at an ASA shoot during the team ProAm. I finished the shoot with that release by using it without the safety, promptly finished the round, got my money back, and bought a Zenith. I figured if I was going to punch myself in the mouth I might as well use one without a safety as I might draw it more cautiously....
Exactly why I started shooting a STAN. :embara:

Lien2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.