Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone resprung the pinky trigger of an ht2000?. i put a heavier spring in it that i had from another release, but i need to be able to get a bit more aggressive with it. does carter have heavy springs for it? can you get the springs from them to put in yourself?

D

·
0 Posts
CLAYKING can answer this one for you!!...

...he has experience with CARTER springs:) ...

...or you may want to look upan AT member that goes by: FORREST CARTER and send him a PM and ask...

...them CARTER folks are good people and will help you with your question:cool: ...

...or maybe someone else has an answer for you...

...good luck...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Rumor

I think I heard ClayKing was going to work for Carter?:rolleyes: Maybe the new guy for changing SPRINGS(LOL)(HE HE):D
DUBBYA ARE

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
ron - get it done right and send it to Carter. You can call Forrest first and discuss what you are looking for and he will make some suggestions. The answer is not always in just ONE spring.

Forrest will also clean your release and replace defective or worn parts. It's worth the small bench fee and shipping to get it right. You've put enough money in your equipment, might as well spend a little more and have it all perfect.

For more information visit their rather cool daddy web site at :D

http://www.carterenterprises.com and check out the Support page.

ox

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi guys, thanks for the advice. i figured i could call forrest, but i though i'd see if anyone had any advice to give about the hole thing first. forrest is a great guy, i bought his max last winter just before he went to vegas. i figured i'd have to wait till he came back when the bow showed up at my house just a few days after the deal was made i e-mailed him to thank him for sending it so soon and he said he was leaving for vegas, just send the money when he gets back. he and i must be almost identicle in size, the bow fit me like it was made for me, i fooled around with timing, drawlength, tiller and every other thing you can fool around with and eventually, it all ended up right back exactly the way everything was when i first took it out of the box!! good thing the first thing i did was record the set up on it. i've since shoot up to 52 x's with it...... good, for me, my hold isn't as rock steady as it used to be and despite usually shooting clean, my x- count usually stays around 45 . i need to get just a few more onces on the trigger so i can quit thinking about just how much pressure i have on it when i start the boiler.... it's so freakin' distracting, and i'm sure it is costing me x's!. the other day i had one get away on me in the 6th end (went off just as i put my finger on the trigger, not at all settled in yet) and it made me timmid for the rest of the round. i did ok the rest on the round, but had a whole bunch of let downs. made me realize i was doing the timmid thing quite a bit even though i do have a slightly heavier spring in it already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts