Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has shoot with this release? What did you like or not like about it? Would it make a good 3-D or target release?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Overall a decent release, the only thing I didn't like about it was the mushy trigger.....but I guess that is what you can expect from a "push to open let off to close" release. The Xtreme series (not the Pro Diamond Xtreme) have a nice crisp trigger, only problem I saw with that one was the cocking mechanism hit me in the palm when it went off.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, that's how my Trufire release is set up now and that's the way I like it.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Yeah it's a personal preference thing, if you like that trigger it is a GREAT release......especially for $100.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, and I also like the caliper type release. I'm working my way up to those higher dollar ones that I may or may not like.

·
Registered
24,955 Posts
i use the regular diamond and love it. i have no problem at all putting the arrows right were they have to be at 50 yards. i had a scott release which worked really good. but i got this droped my kisser button and my groups at and past 50 yards tightened up alot. i average a 2 inch group at 50 yesterday.

over all i like it alot the trigger doesnt bother me. but next year probally im going to get a carter target 3 or 4. i like that release alot more. but that is like $150 and i got the diamond for $50 on here.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it should work well as a 3-D and spot release?

·
Registered
955 Posts
I tried the trueball pro diamond extreme and really liked it.I think it would make a great 3d /inexpensive spot release for a double caliper type release.I just can't get away from my scott for everything.

·
Registered
24,955 Posts
So it should work well as a 3-D and spot release?
so far for me it has been a great 3d/spott release. look through the classifieds on here. you can get them for like $50 sometimes. i love it.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
I have both but the extreme fits my draw length better. Iswitched from a rist release and my score went up 25 points.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I like this release. For the price I think it's a good deal, but it's always a matter of preference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts