Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since you all had a great time with the other thread hears another one :D;)

well my grilfriends friends dad once said that he shot a deer from 85 yards with his bow set at 60lbs and dropped it right there the funny thing about this one is no picture and no deer

what do you guys think about this one TRUE/FALSE?

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
False

Don'y you know that most who say 85yd shots really mean 35,
they closed up the 3 into an 8 in their mind.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Could very well happen I watched my brother hit a muley buck at 65 yards and it went down like he hit it with a rifle, he was shooting a 70lb bow and also seen an elk get hit high in the spine at 30yds his back legs dropped instantly second shot double lunged him, just goes to show depending on the shot placement it could happen.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would have serious doubts, but it would be hard to call him a liar without being there and without seeing at least pictures.

Think about this, he said he dropped it in it's tracks. The chance of make a great shot at 85 yards is not great. what if he errored high and spine shot it. This would account for the dropping in it's tracks. This at least provides some reasonable doubt that should stop anyone that was not present from convicting him as a liar.......but I would still have my doubts :)

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
A word of advice. If you want to keep gettin what she is givin. You had better act like you believe what he is sayin. Get my drift.
85 yards and hit the deer in the spine= dead on the spot.
Not a good idea but it happens.

·
edthearcher
6,455 Posts
since you all had a great time with the other thread hears another one :D;)

well my grilfriends friends dad once said that he shot a deer from 85 yards with his bow set at 60lbs and dropped it right there the funny thing about this one is no picture and no deer

what do you guys think about this one TRUE/FALSE?
hum. your girl friends dad right
do you want to keep your girl friend
if the answer is yes
than her dad did it

·
Registered
407 Posts
hum. your girl friends dad right
do you want to keep your girl friend
if the answer is yes
than her dad did it
He said it was his girlfriend's friend's dad that did it. I dont see how him agreeing or disagreeing could affect their relationship. i give my girlfriend's friends and their dads crap all the time and nothing has come about.

as for the actual story, its possible. all depends on where you hit em.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
A word of advice. If you want to keep gettin what she is givin. You had better act like you believe what he is sayin. Get my drift.
could not have been said any better!!!!!!! that right there is funny, unfortunately, also very true!!!!!

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
One time I was driving down the road on my magic carpet. I stopped and saw a trophy unicorn off in the magical forest of candy canes.

I asked Bigfoot to give me my bow and quiver from the backseat. He didn't answer right away and I looked back at him. He was looking out the passenger side of the carpet at the small lake next to us. The loch ness monster was on the bank in full view. I had a tough decision to make since I had a combo Loch ness monster/unicorn tag in my pocket.

It was a tough decision to make, but I opted for the unicorn. Bigfoot put the range finder on him and it read 96 yards. I shot and he actually died before the arrow got there.

It was pretty amazing.

Unfortunately my camera didn't have any batteries in it.

Always happens this way.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I would say it is possible for a modern bow don't know about an older bow. I shoot my 3d target at 80 yards with my gt500 @60 pounds and can put them in the vitals 7 out of 10 all day long so if the deer don't know its coming very possible.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Hmm....he could be right.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If i saw the guy pull out his whatever bow he has and set up a 70-80 yard target and could shoot 7-8 arrows in a 6" or less group ,I might believe him.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
this is TRUE.
because we all know you can hit a deer in the eye at 86 yards and hear them drink from that distance. so 85 yards and drop on the spot is very do able.:D

Tony

·
Registered
18,328 Posts
One time I was driving down the road on my magic carpet. I stopped and saw a trophy unicorn off in the magical forest of candy canes.

I asked Bigfoot to give me my bow and quiver from the backseat. He didn't answer right away and I looked back at him. He was looking out the passenger side of the carpet at the small lake next to us. The loch ness monster was on the bank in full view. I had a tough decision to make since I had a combo Loch ness monster/unicorn tag in my pocket.

It was a tough decision to make, but I opted for the unicorn. Bigfoot put the range finder on him and it read 96 yards. I shot and he actually died before the arrow got there.

It was pretty amazing.

Always happens this way.
Don't fret we believe you.
No one would ever come on here and tell a :bs: story.

·
edthearcher
6,455 Posts
He said it was his girlfriend's friend's dad that did it. I dont see how him agreeing or disagreeing could affect their relationship. i give my girlfriend's friends and their dads crap all the time and nothing has come about.

as for the actual story, its possible. all depends on where you hit em.
wow have you got a lot to learn about girls

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
How many beers did he have before he told the story? :darkbeer:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

It was pretty amazing.

Always happens this way.
dude wanna know how i know your gay

1 - 20 of 32 Posts