Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked one up and it is the greatest thing since sliced bread for anyone shooting a short bow from the stand. My Hoyt quiver for a Havoctec left about 4" of arrow sticking out below my limbs. It was fir on top but when you tried to swing your bow from a sitting position, you had to allow yourself the extra room to clear the noks. With this dude, the quiver is adjustable and you can easily get the entire length of arrow inside the ATA of the bow. I would gues that it can get up to 31" arrows to rest inside the deminsions of the bow. What a great quiver at a fair price. The shop, On-Target, had it for $33.95. First time I had ever been to the shop, located in Sunman, In., and they were great people to work with. Good prices and the service was great. I always figure to spend an hour or so at any archery shop that is really busy and these guys never stopped humping to take care of everyone. Really great experience.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That I don't know yet but

looking at the design and the amount, I see no reason for it to be anything but silent. The arrows are held very securely and the mount is solid. I am going to pop off a few here in a second to try out some lighter arrows and will let you know for sure.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Silence is golden

Had my Wife stand about 5" away and she could not hear any difference with the quiver on or off. That is after I solved the mystery rattle. Kept hearing a rattle so I got out my trusty allens and tightened every allen head on the quiver. Still a rattle. After much deliberation it dawned on me that it might be a loose tip. DOOOOHHHHHH! That solved the problem. really no sound at all from the quiver. Great product for all and especially short bow shooters. Also got some Lightspeed arrows and added about 7 fps. Grouped great Shot a vane off with my second arrow from 15 yds.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thats good to here. How much does it weight ?
I hunt from the ground, and never take my quiver off. I want/like a light weight set up.
I'm shooting a Razortec, and the bottems of my arrows stick out about three inches below my bow.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know and exact weight

but I would say it is very light. Real close to my Hoyt one piece.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I also just bought one and believe it is the best designed quiver I have ever seen with one exception.....there are two parts that will make noise when you remove an arrow. One, there is a nut inside the broadhead cover that holds the main supporting rod and two, the main supporting rod itself. Both will make a loud metallic sound when you remove an arrow because the broadhead will click against it. I solved the problem by covereing both the nut and the upper rod with self stick neoprene. The manufacturer (which I believe is actually Bohning) should address this problem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
quiver

Is this quiver a truglo 160 or 180 ,or a bohning lynx I'm looking for this product you mentioned and can't find it anywhere including the truglo website. Maybe you can help. Thanx

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have been looking at this quiver myself but just wasn't sure about it yet. Thanks for posting the review.

Shedhunter, there is a 180 degree version as well as a 360 degree version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts