Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
More true that they have pushed wild horses out of their land to lease to ranchers for grazing animals.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If they were wild pigs they'd be shot or poisoned . . .too perty for that though.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
If he so concerned, why not relocate some of their precious wolves. They like horse meat.

·
Teniente D'Equipo Mongrel
8,168 Posts
FBM

Full Body Mount!

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Turn them over to the Illinois dept. of Natural Resources. They have done a masterful job of killing off a once great deer herd.

·
Registered
240 Posts
We have feral horses up here in the mountains west of Calgary. They are an invasive species, they compete for food with game animals, they are in high numbers, and nothing is done to limit their numbers...

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,226 Posts
If you have hunted the high desert areas in states like Nevada....you have KNOWN these horses are a problem for a long time.

The real problem is the horse lovers that can't see the forest through the trees. They sit out there on remote sections of roadway guarding these herds like they are solid gold.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
More true that they have pushed wild horses out of their land to lease to ranchers for grazing animals.
There is no such thing as a WILD horse in north america. There were no horses here until the Spanish brought them. They all go back to feral horses that were turned loose because people couldn't take care of them or they just plain got away. The wild horse movement is just another way for enviros to try and control things. In my opinion every horse on federal land should be killed. They are not natural. They destroy the land and ecosystem.

·
Registered
17,767 Posts
"The key element in describing an animal as a native species is (1) where it originated; and (2) whether or not it co-evolved with its habitat. Clearly, E. 6 caballus did both, here in North American." There might be arguments about “breeds,” but there are no scientific grounds for arguments about "species.”

It really is a "sore" subject, seems the species is the same as ones that originated here, If they had not traversed the land bridge they would have been extinct.

New Mexico is loaded with them, just outside of Albuquerque there is a large poplulation, enough that there is concern driving the roads. When I hunted elk up North near Chama I ran into several herds up there as well.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Feral horses, feral burros, feral cats----all become darlings in some uninformed folks' eyes and hearts, and it is really tough to overcome any of their uninformed and unreasoned arguments for eliminating the ferals.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,226 Posts
I wish I had a photo of one of the water holes nearby a spot we hunt in the high Mtn desert. It looks like someone scraped it for 150yds around it...not a scrap of vegetation as the wild horses have made it a dust bowl.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts