Archery Talk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
As a Traverse shooter, I cannot see moving to the TRX 34. Love my Traverse and the only reason I bought it was the meer fact, that as a knuckle dragger, I have a 31.5 inch bow. Specs on the TRX 34 only show it going out to like 28.5 or 29 inches if I remember correctly. Switchweight or not a new 33 or 34 with the longer riser platform like the VXR 31.5 will be in my arsenal if they release it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yep. Pretty disappointing. Mathews screwed up. $1800 bow and it only goes to 30” DL. I’m like you 31.5” with the traverse. I’d love to have a 34” ATA bow with switch weight mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
I understand that $1850 is a lot to ask people to pay for a bow. But what I dont understand is everyone complaining about the price and how mathews dropped the ball especially when all the people saying this are coming from the hunting side of things. At the end of the day its a target bow that you can attach a quiver to and it is priced the same as all their other target bows that they offer and have offered the last few years, everyone is complaining about the price when the price hasnt went up for a target bow. Theres a reason why you find this bow under the competition tab and not the hunting tab when you go on their website.

·
Registered
399 Posts
This bow is gonna be a good option for small men with short draw lengths. Does not fill the shoes of the traverse

·
Registered
403 Posts
And really the limitations come from the cam not necessarily anything else.

Reactions: Skonky

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I have owned a trx40, 36 and now the 34. I preferred the 36 over the 40 for spots and 3D. I think the draw cycle gets a little better the shorter the bow. I did not care for the 70v mods on any of them. I shot the 80’s on the 36 and 40 which really measure 75. The 36 came with 75’s and I really like them. As far as valley none of them have a large valley like a hunting bow so you have to stay string in the shot. The 80’s and 75’s feel very similar other than the holding weight.
All of them have a very smooth but stiff draw cycle

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Any speed tests? Just wondering how efficient the cam is, wanting to shoot a 515gr arrow for hunting.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Looking at a trx 34 today at my local shop, I noticed the riser length is the same as a vxr 31.5 so what would be the advantages or disadvantages to buying the trx over the vxr or v3 ?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I am interested in the same thing actually ... I shot the V# yesterday and it damn near came home with me

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Here are some speed, these are all at a measured 28.5” draw(28” mods) dead on 60lbs with a hamskea peep, no lens

It is currently set up for indoor and tuned for 27 diameter arrows and I made no adjustments when I shot the different arrow weights but they are all 25-27 diameter arrows. Has x99 natural string material

363 gr- 286 FPS
381 gr- 278 FPS
396 gr- 274 FPS
574 gr- 231 FPS
588 gr- 228 FPS

This is through a pact chronograph which is the same as the Easton

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
As far as a comparison to the vxr 31.5 which I did own, it is really personal preference but here are some notable differences I saw:

Trx34 has a far better draw cycle in my opinion, holds better and was more accurate for me.

You can not get the high letoff on the trx34 that you can on the vxr so that is personal preference. 80% mods are really 75% on the trx and valley is shorter but let down is much easier

Vxr is a little quieter and more dead in hand but trx is not loud

I personally like the trx34 quite a bit better but it is much more expensive, I did get a really good deal from a great shop so I didn’t pay anywhere near retail. My guess is most shops will be around 1400 which is still quite a bit more than the vxr or v3

·
Registered
669 Posts
As far as a comparison to the vxr 31.5 which I did own, it is really personal preference but here are some notable differences I saw:

Trx34 has a far better draw cycle in my opinion, holds better and was more accurate for me.

You can not get the high letoff on the trx34 that you can on the vxr so that is personal preference. 80% mods are really 75% on the trx and valley is shorter but let down is much easier

Vxr is a little quieter and more dead in hand but trx is not loud

I personally like the trx34 quite a bit better but it is much more expensive, I did get a really good deal from a great shop so I didn’t pay anywhere near retail. My guess is most shops will be around 1400 which is still quite a bit more than the vxr or v3
I have a vxr 28 and a trx 36 i.like the draw cycle of the trx better i have a 34 on order $1400 at my local shop just looking for other opinions. I was trying to talk myself into saving some money and going with a vxr or v3 but I cant do it.

·
Registered
Right Turn Clyde
359 Posts
As a Traverse shooter, I cannot see moving to the TRX 34. Love my Traverse and the only reason I bought it was the meer fact, that as a knuckle dragger, I have a 31.5 inch bow. Specs on the TRX 34 only show it going out to like 28.5 or 29 inches if I remember correctly. Switchweight or not a new 33 or 34 with the longer riser platform like the VXR 31.5 will be in my arsenal if they release it.

I believe it stops at 30, I shoot typically 30.5 is the only reason I remember.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is the draw cycle with the Trx34 at 30" draw hard? I shoot a vertix 66lbs @30" and thinking about buying a trx34. If the draw is still smooth at 30" it would be an awesome 3D rig

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the draw cycle with the Trx34 at 30" draw hard? I shoot a vertix 66lbs @30" and thinking about buying a trx34. If the draw is still smooth at 30" it would be an awesome 3D rig
I own a vertix set at 30” 60#
shot the trx 34 last weekend at 29” 60#.
the trx was definitely a easier draw then my vertix! Slightly more jump at the shot but not much. The shop owner also has the trx 34 set at 30” which I also shot, he said he’s never going to sell it he likes it that much. I ended up Telling him I would take the Trx. Now I’m waiting on the new mods to come in so I can go pick it up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a vertix set at 30” 60#
shot the trx 34 last weekend at 29” 60#.
the trx was definitely a easier draw then my vertix! Slightly more jump at the shot but not much. The shop owner also has the trx 34 set at 30” which I also shot, he said he’s never going to sell it he likes it that much. I ended up Telling him I would take the Trx. Now I’m waiting on the new mods to come in so I can go pick it up!
I also shot the v3 31 it shot really nice! But I did like the trx quite a bit better! The price was hard to swallow but I’m planning to keep it for a long time

21 - 40 of 48 Posts